Other Clubs' Transfers

Jack Wilshere?

Wait…the interest was legit? WTF?!

EDIT:

Apparently Barca wanted to pay the 22m in two installments. :arteta:

2 Likes

What about him? I like Jack but he’s as injury prone as ever, he should not be relied upon whatsoever.

Besides we need a quality addition in CM regardless.

1 Like

Imagine Wilshere being a reason for us to not strengthen in CM. If Jack was still at Bournemouth, he shouldn’t even be a reason for a team like that to not strengthen there!

1 Like

I would be furious, as he will be lucky to play 5 games next season.

1 Like

Le Prof gonna Le Prof.

1 Like

What amazes me is how these videos are made. How do you find all a players specific mistakes like that over years of footage :gabriel:

Ainsly maitland-niles’ mum has probably told wenger if we sign a CM she is gonna slap him

2 Likes

It is. In stead of investing in the first eleven and let players like Ramsey become squad players more ‘naturally’ he chose to buy Elneny etc. But since Wenger is big on the numbers I do think we’re not going to see some incoming players until we sell some guys. That could be a good reason to make Martinez number two. We have another homegrown player and make another spot available by selling Ospina.

Club trained, home grown and already an established league midfielder. Rotate him and Ramsey correctly (I know, i know) and we are okay.

Long term we should look at replacing one of them, but not just yet imo.

1 Like

It’s gonna be really intresting to see who leaves

If Sanchez does leave will we then hold onto giroud?

Will one of welbeck and wallcot go?

The ox and wilshire could both go too

That’s not to mention Gibbs shezny debuchy joel Campbell etc

Lots to be done that’s for sure

We should do better than those guys. Cazorla is not even a real elite player and both those guys couldn’t even touch what he provided.

1 Like

“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail” never rings more true.

Just one in a long line of instances where the club and team has been ill-managed by Wenger, it really is some sad shit. As you said we should be improving on the first 11 and making Ramsey earn a starting spot by displacing other quality members of the team, instead they hand him the #8 shirt as if he’s justified his continued selection.

Barring Xhaka who is growing into his own that midfield is super uninspiring especially with Santi most likely done.

Can’t get behind that at all, Ramsey is injury prone and has had one very good season period and Wilshere is about as sturdy as a chocolate teapot if anything that screams bringing in another CM. Rotating them wouldn’t work, even in theory you’ve got to see it’s most likely to go tits up for one reason or another.

2 Likes

For some reason this doesn’t give me a “we’re gonna compete for the league” orgasm

Boo this man

2 Likes

We had our worst season under Wenger, and Lacazette would be the minimum we should expect as a striker signing, especially after the rumours about Mbappe, and the fact we have waited so long.

We haven’t sorted out Sanchez or Ozil and we know that Cazorla is unlikely to be playing that often, and these are our three best players.

So unless Wenger really starts splashing the cash, there is more chance of this window being like all the others, and we continue to stagnate.

Even if Mahrez does come in, and Sanchez leaves, we are still downgrading.
If we couldn’t get a top four place last season, then why would it be any different next season unless we have some serious investment, and our top players stay.

Anything less than Sanchez and Ozil signing new contracts and one more very good signing, or two more genuine top quality players if one of them leaves, would be unacceptable.

Mbappe would be a start but I don’t believe Wenger was really going to buy him anyway.

1 Like

Elneny and Xhaka in midfield is pretty sturdy as well. Boring, but probably pretty solid. Elneny was up their statistically with top CMs in the world on one of those fancy graphs the footie hipsters post here.

2 Likes

What would you prefer Sanchez signs up and giroud also stays or we sell both and sign mbappe and Lamar?

I’d go with mbappe and Lamar

You’re gonna need a bigger club.

1 Like

Boring, pretty solid, sturdy.

Not exactly confidence inspiring, Elpenny is squad player calibre nothing more.