Other Clubs' Transfers

2 Likes

Pulisic.

2 Likes

Do we really have to sell before we buy a winger?
Who is Emery looking to buy, Messi?

dembele has been rumoured and i guess if that is a possibility it will cost a fucktonne of money.

1 Like

It could be, but werenā€™t there rumours of him coming here on loan?
That would be a cheaper option.

Didnā€™t know Ozil is cutting his holiday short. Credit to him, really like that enthusiasm and leadership

1 Like

I donā€™t think he is as such. He believed prices went too high when United were pretty much near a world record fee for Pogba. Prices have gone up again since then. When asked about his spending he said ā€œI donā€™t set the priceā€. And while they are spending big, itā€™s not like they are near any world records.

He prefers to train players to be better and genuinely gets the best out of his players. It isnā€™t a coincidence that players have their best seasons under him and when players left Dortmund they played worse. Think about Gotze, Kagawa and Sahin. Liverpool havenā€™t done City/United type of spending and heā€™s still getting to CL finals with Henderson, Chamberlain and Milner.

Now theyā€™ve made their weaknesses strengths itā€™ll be interesting to see what he can do with them.

2 Likes

We thought the madness was overā€¦ Itā€™s only just begun :giroud3:

1 Like

Ousmadness??? Moleydness???

:henry2:

2 Likes

@Darkseid and @sevchenko have it right, heā€™s really got to deliver some success now. Even people like me who feel inclined to talk up his qualities and achievements will now be expecting more. With the squad building theyā€™ve done, and the money spent to do that, there now need to be some solid and tangible results to back it up.

Hereā€™s hoping it comes to nothing. In 2006me and my Liverpool supporting mate made a hundred quid bet about whoā€™d win the league first. Neither of us thought it would go this far without someone paying up, Iā€™d be absolutely fuming if itā€™s me paying out haha

2 Likes

When I was 16 I was making bets over big daddy box meals, not a hundred quid.

2 Likes

Should I be creeped out that you seem to know I was 16 in 2006?

2 Likes

Relax Jakey, itā€™s nothing to do with sexual interest, as much as your repressed little soul would like it to be.

Pretty sure you said you were 28 or 29 in a post recently, not hard to guess from there haha

2 Likes

Yeah I wasnā€™t being entirely serious, Iā€™ve given up enough personal info on here that anyone paying attention might know a fair bit about my life.

Perhaps I should have deleted those posts a few hours after making themā€¦

10 Likes

Mustafi and Welbeck out! Yes!

Great news if trueā€¦ it is really a key missing piece right now. And we have massive squad to cull at least a couple from.

Concerning no teams are rumoured to be interested, seems very quiet on the outgoing front.

Canā€™t help but feel the high wages in comparison to ability are making these guys unattractive options for other clubs. I guess we better hope fo some desparation closer toward deadline day