Other Clubs' Transfers

He is awful to watch at Barca, but then again many players in his position have failed there. Honestly I can’t remember what he was like at Valencia, although I remember he had a good Euro 2016, which doesn’t say much.

I won’t be enthused at all if this goes through, but then again he may be a better player than he’s shown at Barca :confused:

3 Likes

If we can get him for under £18m I think it’s worth a punt

Give him to use for free, you cheap fucks.

Costly but necessary business from Liverpool.

Roma are laughing, he only cost them €7.5m in 2016!

1 Like

I could accept £16.2m. Not more.

Really don’t want Liverpool getting Alisson. I don’t want their goalkeeping banter era to end.

Come on Chelsea, Jorginho it!

Fair play Liverpool.

Needed a CB paid big money for VvD

Needed a GK paid big money for Alisson.

They have a proper good spine to their team now

1 Like

Liverpool need to be fighting for the title until May - Klopp has built a really strong first XI that should be competing.

I wonder what their net spend has been since he took over, anybody got the figures to hand?

Yeah, but they’ve spent a hell of a lot of money – i’d imagine their fans are deleting their “Man City bought the league” tweets as we speak.

Also, it wasn’t that long ago that Klopp was bemoaning the amount other teams were spending on players – pretty sure he even said that the day he spends a massive fee on one player is the day he will quit football. See ya then Jurgen, enjoy retirement…

Yep you really shouldn’t say this stuff haha.

To be fair, you can subtract £200m from their net spend just from the Suarez and Coutinho sales

Clickbait: Everton NOT interested in Malcolm.

I don’t care about the net spend. Klopp’s comments didn’t mention net spend. He was criticising the money other teams spend and the fee paid for individual players, he used Paul Pogba as one example. He claimed he’d never spend obscene amounts of money on one player. Paying £70m for a goalkeeper is even more obscene that paying £90m for Pogba IMO.

"The day that this is football, I’m not in a job anymore, because the game is about playing together.

"That is how everybody in football understands it. You always want to have the best, but building the group is necessary to be successful.

“Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players. I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money.”

He’s spent hundreds of millions since joining Liverpool. Hypocrite.

1 Like

Yeah, been lacking a good goalie for a while.

Absurd amounts of money being spent.

If they fail to mount a serious challenge there’s. Something wrong.

1 Like

They have to finish at least 2nd tbh.

Otherwise Klopp is under the lights.

Leno is better than The acne infested brazilian. Dont get the LOLpool hype. Fluking a CL final and just about scraping 4. Place when us and Chelski had a stinker of a season.

Would much rather be under the guidance of Lord Unai and his brotherhood !

4 Likes

He is a hypocrite for sure but at least he doesn’t cling to ideals that don’t deliver success. A manager must be pragmatic

There’s no more excuses for Klopp. Has to deliver major honours with this squad. They’ve gone toe to toe with City and United in terms of spending

1 Like

I think VDV and Allison are about 120m for both of them, which is about what they got for Courtinho, so their net spend isn’t that much.

They sell big, then buy big and it seems to be working.