Other Clubs' Transfers

Have they gone potless since Abramovich pulled up the drawbridge? :laughing:

Don’t shoot me but Vieira and Gilberto were better imo.

BTW, how mental is it that we signed a him after he started every single match for a world cup winning Brazil side for what, 4.5m?! I know times have changed hugely with regards to fees but even for back then, that was a steal. I think he’d thrive in modern football, such a classy player :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Who cares about the cost if Liverpool sign him they have one of the top goalkeepers in the world which is currently their position of biggest weakness.

Good deal tbf

2 Likes

THey just paid close to 60 million for Sarri and Jorginho and it’s rumored they will pay 40 million for Rugani. I think they will be fine.

I’ve obviously not been paying attention. 100(+) mill again. Must be nice. Then again, they might be able to get half that back with sales of Courtois and GIroud.

Why would courtois go to PSG when they have just signed Buffon if he is leaving Chelsea he is leaving to be a number 1 somewere

Real Madrid with Hazard :giroud:

Malcom to Everton???

Be such a shame if he rejects Inter and Bayern for them.

Also thanks GdM for that sexy Belgians to Madrid info.

Or all of it by selling Hazard.

Something is about to happen at that club though. Very curious to see what it will be since they are Europa League competitors.

2 Likes

Kinda like how Seri rejected us and Barca for fulham :santi:

Emery already knows the midfield is the key, as it has always been one of our weakest points in the last season.

It’s more to do with the fact that Inter want a loan with an option to buy but Bordeaux want to sell outright.

1 Like

Ffs it seems like FFP only affects the Italian clubs and not the clubs it was meant to (PSG, City)

2 Likes

That would be a great coup for Everton as he’s better than any of our wingers.

1 Like

Yep that’s why I’m so heavily against it. Teams like Roma and Inter have suffered in the market because they’ve had to sell players to balance the books before they can buy.

It seems like FFP stifles teams trying to grow in leagues that don’t generate the same kind of revenue as PL teams.

2 Likes

Graveyard move for the player though. Everton going nowhere as usual.

Iwobi disagrees :giroud:

[

They were great in the same team, of course part of the Invincibles side, but I always thought Vieira and Petit were a better pairing and seemed to have more of a connection between them.

I certainly agree that Gilberto for just over 4m, who was such an important player in the Brazil team that won the world cup, was an amazing piece of business.
It’s also amazing that we sold him while he was still a top player.

3 Likes
2 Likes