Other Clubs' Transfers

So does that mean we’ve just bought a group of shit ones? :laughing:

1 Like

No it is dick waving rate now

1 Like

Didn’t know he just had one year left. That figures

Torreira is the only one I’d say is in this category. We only got him so cheaply because of his release clause?

good negotiation & not bending over because we got PL money.

Lol.

lol? you are such a 12 year old.

Madrid getting a better keeper for half the price makes me think it is a tad desperate. Don’t get me wrong I was after the signing of VVD long before Pool ever showed any interest but it’s naive to think that one or two players is going to fix everything when their issues are so clearly ingrained into their tactics and coaching.

1 Like
2 Likes

But they also invested heavy money in Fabinho and Keita and almost had Fekir. Pretty much a whole new midfield right there. It’s not like Alisson and van Dijk are their only business. It’s additional business.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s how they see it’s, looks like they are addressing key areas that people have been criticising for years and which badly need upgrading. Better late than never dude.

And I get what you’re saying about Cortois but it’s a slightly different case in that he has 12 months left, Chelsea don’t want to lose him for nothing so he’s forcing their hand.

1 Like

Not surprising. As I said, for the way Emery will set up, the signing of another 6/8 who is definite starter quality is vital.

@SDGooner, yeh their mf business has been baller, I’m just old fashioned in the sense I think big money moves for CB and keepers is real risky business.

Yeh and I suppose not ever club is Real Madrid where players literally leap at the chance to play, I just think after Karius’ errors Liverpool’s desperation for a keeper is palpable is certainly driving up the price. They’d be better at looking at some options that have release clauses but I suppose if they want their man they have to pay up. I don’t know enough about Allison to judge if he’s worth that money but there are only a handful of keepers I feel should fetch that sum in today’s market.

And because of his release clause.

2 Likes

You need a big intimidating midfielder, or better still two . Manu and Patrick were two of the best going . If only we could get another pair like that .
Happy days

2 Likes

WILL SOMEONE THINK OF XHAKA?!

:giroud3:

I can’t remember seeing a better midfield pairing than Petit and Vieira in the PL, and both World Cup winners with the greatest France national team.
Both tough physically and mentally and playing in front of one of the best defences in Europe.

I never understood why Wenger went from stronger, taller players, who had a winning mentality, to the more lightweight, technical players that would get bullied by the opposition.

We never won the PL after this changed.

2 Likes

“Possession with progression” malarky

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Haha wtf. Take him plz

1 Like