Other Clubs' Transfers

Great signing for them - alongside Maguire, solid.

5 Likes

Thank fuck heā€™s not joining us

1 Like

Very good cheap replacement for Huth and really should take Morgans place as heā€™s the better defender.

I know Iā€™ve been guilty of premature meltdowns and arsenal Twitter isnā€™t helping by going crazy over everyone we are linked with (I swear if we were linked with Messi youā€™d find someone saying ā€˜why we going for that fraud, never even won a national team competitionā€™) but Iā€™m very happy with the 2 moves confirmed so far.

Lichtsteiner is basically a Debuchy replacement and anything more is a bonus, especially for the rumoured sums.

And Adli seems like a genuine talent, the kind ive lamented Wenger for missing out on.

Sokratis less so, I guess but I feel the big moves are still to come, I feel we are still in for a CM and a CB and they will be the big moves the club will make this summer.

Dunno if I see a GK or winger this time round but I hope so. Hopefully Welbeck and Mustafi get offloaded too.

1 Like

Arsenal & Chelsea have had talks with Pavonā€™s agent:

Luis Fregossi
@LuisFregossi
El representante d PavĆ³n tuvo charlas ayer con gente del Chelsea y del Arsenal .

Could we beat Chelsea to a good player for once?

If Abramovich has stopped buying them trophies then clubs like Brighton and West Ham are going to be beating them to good players.

i really hope we get pavon he looks like he could grow into a great player, have been saying it for a little while now hope there is some truth to it. He would be wasted at chavski they buy talent then never give them a chance.

Why would they want the benchpressing dwarf. Shaqiri is nowhere the level of any PL top 6 side.

1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s a bad option for the bench depending on the asking price

Iā€™ve always been anti Evans but Iā€™d rather him for 3 million quid over the Greek for 16 million quid, similar age and level player and it saves us 13 million quid for elsewhere.

1 Like

So youā€™d have someone whoā€™s much more of a defensive liability in order to save 13 million then? Also Evans was asking for a huge signing on bonus

The Greek has been bang average for the last 2 years, to be honest I donā€™t really rate either.

Absolute Bargain, we should have been all over this deal.

6 Likes

Sokratis defense stats are much better than Evans and much better than Kos and any of our defenders for that matter.

Yeah we really should have. Thatā€™s such a good deal for a keeper of Perinā€™s quality

In b4 people are going to say we should get Szczesny back.

Was it a release clause? If not add another 10-15m ā‚¬ for Prem tax.

If he wanted to come here anyway. Juventus > Arsenal.

2 Likes

Well, there is that. :grin:

1 Like