Other Clubs' Transfers

15 Likes

Donā€™t wanna pay that much for Lemar but we are a fucking joke. Surely thereā€™s no way we bid for him the decide thereā€™s not enough time to do the deal lol.

Fucking so fed up with Arsene and this board. Weā€™re the laughing stock of the big European clubs by far, so pathetic.

Honestly this shit is pretty hilarious though, man these journos have you guys hanging on their every word donā€™t they? Lol itā€™s fun.

3 Likes

He probably didnā€™t want the move, weā€™ve lost a lot of our appeal recently.

Nothing from RMC or Lā€™Equipe or any other French source about this bid. Doubt the credibility of this link.

Just in ā€“ Alexis Sanchez stays at Arsenal!
David Hytner

David Hytner

Alexis Sanchez is staying at Arsenal. That is the message from the club and it would now be a shock if there were to be any late turns to this infernal saga (it takes a toll, you know!). Manchester City came in earlier today with a second offer for the Chile striker ā€“ of Ā£55m, plus Ā£5m in add-ons ā€“ but it has come down to Arsenal being able to sign a new attacking player. Quite simply, they look to have run out of time on that front. They wanted Monacoā€™s Thomas Lemar and the French club demanded that they pay 100m euros for him. Which Arsenal indicated they were willing to do. But there appears to be insufficient time for Arsenal to now agree a package with Lemar, particularly as he is in the France squad for this eveningā€™s game against Holland ā€“ which kicks off in about three hours. Were Arsenal able to get Lemar, they would have been inclined to take the Ā£60m from City for Sanchez. But it is unlikely to happen now.

Itā€™s torture haha. Bet nothing changes between now and 11pm, probably no in or out goings.

@Burgundy thatā€™s true. Monaco would be stupid to turn down that offer. Guess itā€™d come down the wages with the player.

1 Like

No Lemar then. FFS. When I jumped on my bike from work home we just bid 92m. I get home and the deal is dead?

It may not be the case but still, why have any games on deadline day? Seems to stupid haha. Surely they could have kept all games until Friday or Saturday :neutral_face:

There never was a deal in the first place I reckon. Paper talk.

2 Likes

Deadline day at Arsenal feels

5 Likes

Just came up on SSN ā€œSANCHEZ TWISTā€. :thinking:

Makes zero sense given that weā€™ve been talking with Lemar about terms all summer.

Either nothing to this rumor from the beginning or the club trying to cover their ass.

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/903286985628020738

Bunch of fucking amateurs.

Gutless and inept, the lot of them.

2 Likes

I told you it was Wenger leaking it to the newspapers.

Canā€™t wait for the bad blood from the fans and the uncertainty among the players come January when Alexis agrees a deal with someone. :neutral_face:

in the context of the situation it is better to do nothing than to indulge the pressure and panic buy

Of course ideally, if we had a proper manager we wouldnā€™t need to wait till the last day to do major deals!

1 Like

I dunno, Iā€™m almost tempted to say at least we get Alexis for another year. Lemar is not a gurantee to be all that great and to spend that much on him is just dumb.

1 Like

FFS, sell Alexis regardless you cunts.

1 Like