Other Clubs' Transfers

How can a wideman in Lemar be a replacement for our now firmly repositioned central midfielder Santi Cazorla? Whose injury will more than possibly see him never kick a ball in anger for us again.

Lemar doesn’t come if Sanchez stays, assuming the new formation sticks, unless you want to fashion Lemar as a central midfielder alongside Xhaka.

1 Like

Tancredi is the joker of all jokers.

This transfer window is like a Lannister family tree.

1 Like

It’s better to use 90 minutes average for comparisons, so they’re easier to read.

1 Like

Sounds more of an insult that lol

1 Like

Santi was a number 10 or wide forward when we signed him and for his first 2 seasons here

If you’d have been told Santi would end up a 1 of a deep lying midfield 2 after his first season anyone would have thought that was radiculos but here we are

That’s not entirely true, one of the reasons Santi was so appealing was that he was capable of playing all over the midfield, I think he featured at least once in every midfield position for Malaga in his last couple of seasons.

I’m not really sure where all this Lemar as CM stuff is coming from, surely the kid has to keep developing as a wide forward never mind sticking him in a brand new role.

Lemar is also capable of playing anywhere in the midfield and was mainly a CM for canne or whoever it was before he played for Monaco as far as I understand it

Exactly, you nailed it. It’s clear that Wenger is happy with the squad as is and will only act in the market if Sanchez leaves. It all hinges on him and if he stays, Wenger will say “that’s good enough” as he has done all the previous seasons and put all of his faith in Iwobi, Walcott and Welbeck being good enough depth (which I fear they won’t be).

Realistically we should sign a really good CM and Lemar, while keeping all of our CBs. Wilshere, Coquelin, Elneny, Rambo etc. Can’t be counted on in league run in for the whole season, and we need someone like Lemar to rotate in up front imo.

3 Likes

It his age that would worry me in this instance, I’ve rarely watched him for Monaco and never for his previous club so I’m not sure if he’s a genuine natural fit or if it’s just like we’ve done with young players before and given them a shot in the midfield to find their feet.

I’m a firm believer that a great player can play anywhere but I still think Lemar has a lot of growing to do at such a young age. I have my question marks over this deal as an attacking midfielder never mind as our salvation in a midfield pivot.

What is the problem? They are rich enough to afford crazy money.

Quite a bit of hype around him before the Dortmund move
https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/890228037878525956

https://twitter.com/fkhanage/status/890219350489272320

Never heard of “Sancho” but he seems to have mega hype. Anyone know him??

2 Likes

More on that situation here:

He has a soft spot for us apparently

If he joins is he gonna be in the 1st team or another youth project?

‘The club is worried Arsenal are frontrunners for Jadon as he has a soft spot for them,’ a source at City told The Sun.

Gooner! :giroud3:

2 Likes

Ridiculous salary sounds right, reportedly City were offering him £30k.

Well, they let us sign a youngster at least :hipster:

If saying to someone they have a face like Audrey Hepburn, a grace like Ingrid Bergman, or a magic/power/flowing hair like Jesus is an insult, then yeah, I guess that’s an insult.

Youth. He’s 17.