Other Clubs' Transfers

For last season you had to be born on or after 1 January 1995. So I assume for next season it’ll be 1 Jan 1996.

Yes it is because to some it masks what have been poor seasons, you mentioned progress before when there hasn’t really been any.

Same capitulations, same lack of leadership and tactical nous.

Some fans cling to those FA cup wins like they cover up the bad smells that have permeated the club for years.

Our league position hasn’t progressed I’ll admit to that. We’ve got a mental block of some sort as a club where we fall apart at some point in the season.

However I would suggest that beating all the top clubs in the knockout competitions and winning the FA cup 3 times in 4 years is very very good. It gives us a much better respectability as a club, as opposed to the banter years and our long trophy drought. We are more of a club to be feared now instead of that stigma we had of being walkovers…especially for United. Europe has distanced itself from us though, but that’s a PL wide issue not just us.

1 Like

You jump to an awful lot of assumptions when the entire fanbase seems to be in agreement that:

• the manager is past his best and should have been replaced
  • he squad isnt good enough and needs additions, and deadwood needs to be shifted
  • a club of our stature should be competing and going further into the CL

Not entirely sure what cracks you think winning an FA Cup have covered up.

Emphasis on some fans.

As for the cracks that’s the primary reason you talk of progress to which I say there has been little to none.

Thanks for the non answer.

Anytime, you’re acting very bitchy today.

That’s entirely dependent on the teams you draw tbh. It’s not as if the winner gets to play two top4 teams in the semi and final every year, but you can equally get something like ManUtd’s run in 2015/16 or ours in 2014/15 which are comparably rather easy.

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/889535115449249792

Fucking hell 42M in 2013 gets you Özil 4 years later it gets you Sigurdsson :upside_down_face:

1 Like

wow the figures this summer are beyond a fucking joke…50m for walker now nearly 50m for this guy, boggles the fucking mind!

1 Like

I’m hormonal, being a big girl is tough you know.

We beat the likes of Hull, Reading, and Aston Villa. Are the teams in the EL all that much better?

Reality is you’d rather a season of winning the EL, LC & 6th over winning the FA cup and 5th, mainly due to the fact the Europa League offers direct CL qualification. I think we were a better team than united last season and we had to beat better teams to win the FA cup but as a net result you’d rather United’s season.

1 Like

Man City have spent around 200m on Bravo, Stones, Walker, Danilo and Mendy to strengthen their defence.
That’s just ridiculous.
I wouldn’t rate any of them as world class.

I would honestly take what we have over all of them.

True, but teams without CL pulling power often had to overpay for inferior players. Before Özil Liverpool had to pay £35m for Carroll, £30m for Aquilani etc. Compared to what we paid for Özil that’s ridiculous, and I think we’re seeing here, except fees have inflated hugely since then.

I can’t lie my gut reaction to seeing the big bids for Sigurdsson was the same as yours though.

1 Like

Is this PL bubble going to burst like it did in Italy?
All that’s happening is these rich clubs with owners willing to spend massive amounts on players are giving the selling club more money than they have ever had, and then they become big spenders themselves.
The inflation is only because of a few billionaire owners which can’t carry on at this rate.

Nah, I can’t see any point in the near or distant future where the English league isn’t the most popular football league in the world.

It’s a matter of when, not if.

4 Likes

Not disputing that. But the prestige of winning an European competition goes ‘above’ any domestic cup imo. Talking about how difficult winning that/those cup(s) has been feels like grasping for straws since we haven’t played a significant role in the Premier League or the Champions League since 2008. For the record we have been battered more often than not by the hands of f.e. Chelsea.