Other Clubs' Transfers

I’m in agreement with you this window hasn’t been ideal and if things continue this way will leave us woefully short.

Deadwood still hasn’t been moved on and we need at least two more quality players (forward + CM) in at the very least regardless of whether Sanchez is off or not.

The whole resurgence with a back three will prove to be a false dawn IMO, especially over the course of a season with Wenger at the helm.

2 Likes

Fact of the matter is that we have a big squad. If we can’t get rid of Gabriel we should look at offers for Chambers, if those offers come in. Chambers isn’t exactly an untouchable. Wenger is always big on the numbers. I think it was more fair to expect we weren’t going to sign a CM. We call those players deadwood ourselves, how should we expect good money from that :grinning:? If we see it other clubs most definitely see it.

I think, behind the scenes, everybody who is involved has a good idea what’s going to happen with Sanchez tbh. They keep it from the public, probably because replacement isn’t sorted.

Wenger for one has never bought a lot as far as I can remember. Reacting too departures rather than acting from a team building perspective. At least for the last five years.

1 Like

This is the thing. Other clubs know we want rid of certain players so they’re hardly going to come rushing in with big offers for said players. They’d be better off waiting until the window is nearly shut and offering us a paltry sum, it’s more than likely that we’d have to take it.

BREAKING: PSG will activate Neymar’s €222m buy-out clause at Barcelona. Player must now agree terms. [@DiMarzio]

:eyes:

Wow…is he really worth that!?!

PSG are mental paying that kind of money, even though it is Neymar

If so, we can probably put to bed any rumor that Sanchez is going to PSG…

Can’t believe it!

Yeah that’s just a generic rumour following noises that were made yesterday that Neymar is unsettled at Barcelona because he is playing in Messi’s shadow.

That comes from the Wenger book of, “How To Do Transfers.”
It wasn’t a best seller.

4 Likes

Absolutely not.

Balde Keita is rumored to join Internationaziole.

Thats enough money to build a town in Africa. I know football generates its own money blah blah, but that price is just fucking silly.

“Neymar accepts proposal, PSG will pay €222m”

https://twitter.com/marcelobechler/status/887300153161523201

Al-Khelaifi warned Barca a few seasons back they were willing to pay any release clauses if Barca pursued their players (at the time it was Thiago Silva).

1 Like

222m to Barca is a little crazy.

Can see them getting Veratti, Hazard and once again holding a monopoly of talent.

Sell Sanchez for 50m, buy Neymar for 195m. Come on Arsene it’s simple economics.

5 Likes

Did this on Fifa once. Long story short and one broken pad later, it didn’t work out.

If ever there was a player not built for stoke away, it’s Neymar. At least according to my god damn cunt of a playstation.

4 months injured :cry: havent turned it on since.

1 Like

Can’t imagine many wouldn’t feel the same way.

I’m in complete support of selling Chambers but £16M is not a suitable fee. That’s essentially break even on someone who’s now got even more Premier League experience.

Should be looking for a fee in excess of £20M from him.

2 Likes

I’d sell Gabriel ahead of Chambers, but reports suggest Wenger sees it different.

With Kolasinac and Monreal also surprisingly useful at centre back, I wouldn’t say either of them are above 5th choice at centreback.

The defence is really an area from which we should be trimming the fat without any loss in performance: Jenkinson, Debuchy, Gibbs and at least one from Gabriel/Chambers

1 Like