Other Clubs' Transfers

I doubt they think it’s below them so to speak, however yeah I was thinking the same. They aren’t building a team to compete in the league they are building a team to beat Bayern, Barca, Juventus,and Madrid in the CL for sure.

I guess we are done with signings :xhaka:. We would need a WB and a DM at least.

Özil will end up there too eventually. You heard it here first :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Bundesliga fanboys disagree.

https://twitter.com/mohamedbouhafsi/status/899963346065260544

They’ve done us again, not content with buying our best players, they’re now stealing our prime targets away too

1 Like

This thread is depressing, what is AW waiting for.

I wonder if Denis Suárez is someone we should be giving a look. With Barça buying Seri and Paulinho and him not even being chosen before those buys, surely he’d be willing to move on? Only problem is he seems a bit offensive as an 8, and it’s doubtful Wenger would curtail those instincts :smiley:

When I’ve watched him he’s a footballer I like, though.

Just offer the money + Coquelin ffs

Arsenal’s transfer business is complete unless a “bargain” deadline day deal appears.

So was Arteta before Wenger got his hands on him. He made him more defend minded and honestly he ended up not being that good at any of it really :rofl:

None of that is really true but yeh…

He is going to Barca, isn’t he?

No I didn’t expect you to agree.

1 Like

DEADLINE DAY SWOOPS INCOMING!

1 Like

Well this is the only subjectively false (subjectively being rather conservative, as Arteta remains by far the best 6 we’ve had since Gilberto) part of the statement:

The rest is just objectively false, Arteta came up as a 6 in La Masia and played in a pivot at PSG or with Xabi Alonso at la Real when he played there, it was at lesser sides like Rangers and Everton where they used him as a more attacking player. Wenger didn’t make him more defensive minded but rather just moved him into the position he was formed in originally, something Arteta did himself by playing behind Song in the pivot despite Song theoretically being the more defensive of the two.

The comparisons between Suárez and Arteta, therefore, are few and far between…they were both formed in the same academy, but in different positions.

1 Like

I think you are reading rather too much into my comment tbh. Firstly it was a note to the fact that Arteta wore the number 8 shirt, not having the position of a typical “8” that you brought up.
Secondly I didn’t consider Arteta good at defending or attacking. He hardly had any real success for us, he was fairly average and a “meh” signing. But that’s subjective.

Nah it’s just ill informed bollox

1 Like

Me so happy @AbouCuellar is here to lecture me :grin:

1 Like

Just a small side note. Everton was the best club he played for until he went to Arsenal.