Other Clubs' Transfers

Classic. 1 or 2 short again. Can’t wait till the contract ends

6 Likes

Would have been a good signing for us. You feel that’s a very very immediate upgrade on Coquelin.

1 Like

We wouldnt be able to accomodate both Matuidi and Xhaka. Both will want first team action week in week out.

They could have both started.

4 Likes

And what would happen to Elneny, Coquelin, and Ramsey. We already have a bloated squad. Some of you are playing football manager in your minds.

3 Likes

Well we could have sold Elneny this summer and bought someone better. Likewise Coquelin, however he doesn’t have confirmed suitors like Elneny. Ramseys fitness can’t be relied upon.

I think it’s clear we should be signing a CM and it would have been/is workable without entering the realms of Football Manager.

2 Likes

Hes swanseas best player and one of the key reasons they stayed up last year. Selling him has just massively increased the chances of them getting relegated this year. Will £45m foot the bill… nope.

Statistics never factor in other factors. “His xG is z and his sideways passes whilst touching his left nipple are 75%” he’s definetly worth 32.18m only. Well if he’s the difference between your side loosing 100mill from dropping out the PL or not then it’s not worth is it?

1 Like

It is the way AW rolls… he figures somehow that one of the collection of injury-prone and mediocre players will catch lightning in the bottle - if not, we are 4-6th… if so, yay!

Once again I think we will be one or two players short of proper contention, which is too bad because I can see a Chelsea wobble this season, dropping 5-10 points from last year.

1 Like

I remember saying something similar about Kevin Doyle back when he was half decent and Mick McCarthy was talking about 50m not being enough to buy him. Essentially he was worth much more than 50m to wolves. I guess the difference there was that no one was ever going to offer 50m for Kevin Doyle but here we have a team willing to pay a similar amount for Sigurdson…I can see why they are taking it but I agree with you, it’s foolhardy for them to do so.

I read this morning Liverpool are into advanced talks to sign Seri. It’s a shit source so I hope it doesn’t happen.

Coquelin should have been sold and Elneny is an alternative to Xhaka. Ramsey doesn’t have the necessary fitness to play an entire season uninterrupted.

Matuidi-Xhaka could have made a lovely CM pairing.

2 Likes

Eh, that’s a pretty underwhelming pairing in midfield, not enough creativity or quality on the ball…we should be aiming for better.

2 Likes

Can’t wait until Jenkinson and Debuchy start in the League Cup.

1 Like

Not that I follow him but I thought the internet chatter was that Matuidi’s form was on the downswing a bit these days?

2 Likes

Jesse at stoke for the season. How the mighty have fallen from Madrid to psg now playing his trade at shithouse club like Stoke

Ah sunny Liverpool. Are they going to put those heated jackets on his feet like F1 teams put on their tyres?

5 Likes

Just €20m for Matuidi?! :cech:

Stoke seem to only buy the scraps of CL winning squads

1 Like

I’d much rather go into the season with Matuidi than Coquelin and Elneny

1 Like