Steven N'Zonzi

Torreira, Guendouzi, extensions for Xhaka, Maitland-Niles and Elneny. This piece of business makes only sense for two possible reasons; Ramsey is gone or Emery knows he is not going to play Maitland-Niles and Guendouzi. Adding N’Zonzi seems overkill.

Lol how does he know? Have we asked for his permission for his son’s hand in marriage?

1 Like

We’ve probably spoke to N’Zonzi and he probably speaks to his dad.

Legit 100 percent happening imo.

I don’t think Emery’s track record will make much difference. Ivan made it pretty clear that the job description was to develop players. He may not make any of them starters but with Iwobi, AMN, Chambers, Holding, Mavro, Guendouzi, Nketieh at the club and plenty of pointless EL fixtures to play I imagine a few of them will get a reasonable enough chance to show their worth.

I don’t think adding N’Zonzi is overkill at all in terms of the need for him in the regular XI in Emery’s system, I think it’s totally to the contrary. That said, yea, I don’t see how he’ll find time to develop Torreira, AMN and Guendouzi, probably one of them will need to go on loan.

In short, not good. As @SDGooner said, he’s not an asset developer; something I also ignored when making the superficial support of his hire 3 years ago, on the superficial premises of 1) having experience working in a moneyball style with Monchi (moneyball does not necessarily = developing assets/youngsters, or better said, just because you agree to work under Monchi doesn’t mean you are good or have any real relation to his ideas) 2) Having a good record at Valencia and Sevilla (didn’t do enough investigation, or look closely enough, at that time)

I guess he’s done a good enough job developing Lo Celso, that’s really all I could possibly say/that occurs to me about that facet of his work…Alberto Moreno maybe, if we want to stretch it? Jordi Alba, perhaps–though he was a major talent, established in the youth ranks, with a strong track record at Valencia B…hard one to miss, and Emery gave him a chance only after a number of injuries. Tbh the Valencia time is especially devoid of any kind of nurturing of young players, he was working with almost exclusively 25-32 yr old, established talents, with the exception of maybe a Silva or a Mata who were already destined for great things when he came in…Isco was also sold under his watch, with 0 games at the first team level. One of the major criticisms of his time there from Valencianistas in fact, and the one of the reasons he was let go, was the little development/and vision for the club, and the seemingly year-by-year survivalism of his work.

edit: ah Kimbempe too you might say, but let’s be honest, that PSG academy has some major talents, it’s much easier to name the talents that have stagnated/not made progress under him than the other thing

1 Like

I was talking about it from a numbers perspective indeed. We would have seven players for three positions, making it very difficult for those two younger players to get minutes, two positions if Ozil is actually played as number 10.

Too much smoke for this not to happen.

1 Like

A rumour 6 years in the making might actually happen :giroud3:

1 Like

Yann M’Vila :pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:

What a disaster he turned out to be.

2 Likes

C’mon Sven! Do it!

LOL! Five mil for the old man. Wish Steven were my boy. :slight_smile:

El desmarque is about Kike Marín level of reliability.

1 Like

Sacraficing Ramsey for Nzonzi is a wonderful deal. We are really cleaning our club from all the Wenger dross :hearts:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Some good news at least.

Exactly how much Xhaka costs :henry2:

Tell him to wait 6 months

1 Like

Imagine if we got him for a straight swap for Xhaka :arteta:

1 Like