Star Wars

It’s definitely a generational thing…I grew up with Episodes 4-6 and loved them, but I also loved the prequels. They have their problems, some of the dialogue and acting, but can forgive that because the story arc and plots and action is so good. Also the music from Episodes 1-6 is fantastic. Duel of the Fates is one of my favourite pieces of music of all time. Can’t say the same about Episodes 7-9.

1 Like

I’m not from the OG Star Wars generation and Episode 1, Attack of the Clones etc came out when I was really young. Even so I’m not sure how much I enjoyed the final trilogy.

TFA was pretty decent but personally once Kylo Ren started taking off the mask, he wasn’t anywhere near as cool.

I also hated the whole lovey dovey stuff with Rey and Ren. I get they gotta have some of that in there but was annoying as fuck.

Also wasn’t a huge fan of Rey as a character.

The whole Snoke basically just being a front for Palpatine still being the main guy was kinda lame too lol

Thank god for the homies C3PO and Chewy. Agree with others in that what they did with Finn was a bit hard to understand, he was kinda a main guy but also kinda not, sort of faded in and out.

2 Likes

I liked TFA, I thought it was basically a good remake of A New Hope for a new generation. I liked Kylo Ren in it too.

I didnt really like Episode 8 all that much, whatever it was called, and I’ve never heard anyone say that episode 9 was good, in fact, people seemed to near universally say it was awful, so I didn’t bother.

1 Like

The most recently trilogy fucked up immeasurably by not having Rey and Ren switch allegiance half way through the second movie or the start of the third movie.

Rey being a little force sensitive desert rat scraping a living who is one of the good guys solely because they’re the first to find her and help her use her powers but then switches to the dark side because she thinks the dark side can make her more powerful would have been sick.

Same as Ren having a redemption arc, going from the dark side to then realising he was wrong all along and then going to the light side as a son of Leia and Han would have been great.

Having Rey and Ren fight as Light vs Dark and then fighting in the final movie as Dark vs Light would have been so sick and at least a little bit original.

I really enjoyed the first film, but the second one was shit and the third one totally forgettable.

Finn and Po got done real dirty as well.

1 Like

Ren’s arc was pretty poor because 3 movies is not enough time to tell his story properly, as evidenced by him starting the trilogy halfway through it already.

Ren is clearly based on Darth Caedus from the old Expanded Universe books, and I really enjoyed that story, but his fall to the dark side and his subsequent reign of terror was told over the course of about 20 books if I remember rightly. There was no way you could tell that story effectively in 3 movies.

If you actually have good consistent writing then 3 films is enough, that’s something that awful trilogy was sorely lacking though.

And this supposed next installment with Rey as the main character will be trash too, how Kathleen Kennedy has managed to avoid being sacked is baffling considering she’s ran the property into the ground.

You could have just left it at the three original movies, and everyone would be happy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Given that they were called episodes 4, 5 and 6, I think people were always going to want to see at least episodes 1 to 3 being made.

See i would have had kylo kill his mum and let him go full dark side. Then we wouldnt get a stupid scene of Leia freezing and then using the force :roll_eyes:.

Would been the best way to deal with fishers death.

Luke should have helped Ray deal with her powers and conflict to the dark side then that could been luke redemption for Ben and then luke should have faced kylo and defeated him. Giving the audience the chance to See luke as the powerful jedi he was like in the books.

Tho i do like the fight between luke an kylo in episode 8 but could have been so much more.

Star wars like star trek is much better as a tv series then movies.

1 Like

I can’t get enough of this FB group! :joy:

5 Likes

Hahaha that is actually incredible

1 Like

I’d never seen this before, but it is now without doubt my favourite deleted scene in any film.

1 Like