Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE)

This just proves he wants us as a money making scheme for himself.
Kroenke is an absolute parasite and the worst thing that has happened to our club.

If he really cared about us as a football club and wanted us to be successful, he would have sold to Usmanov rather than trying to buy him out.

1 Like

I agree, what the fuck was David Dein thinking?z

1 Like

I find it weird that there is this automatic assumption that a club owner must invest huge sums of money in a club simply because they own it.

He’s just a wealthy man that wants a portfolio of sporting teams, because he can.

1 Like

and he wants to sit tight on something that will continue to gain value regardless of a few seasons (or more) spent in the Europa League. Just sucks for us that wiggy got to us first

I can definitely see the logic in Usmanov giving up and going in for Everton, arguably the current golden goose of the Premier League in a way we were in the early 2000s. Would be disastrous for wiggy to take sole ownership of this club, the only way out would then be Josh Kroenke to change his approach from his father’s

3 Likes

Why? He is in control now, he isn’t taking money out of the club… again, other than his dilly-dallying about firing AW (which is at least somewhat defensible if you consider full context and history) and the fact that he isn’t throwing away his own money to make Arsenal a loss-making entity, what is the issue with him?

1 Like

Yeah Chelsea really set unrealistic standards for what a rich owner is about and then the state funded clubs took that even further. But most clubs aren’t owned by people ploughing tons of their own money into it. The only issue with Kroenke’s reign is that we’re not spending money that we do have and accepting a coach way past his best. Liverpool for example appear to have a similar setup to us, just that FSG appears to give a little bit of a shit.

I don’t think he bought Arsenal just to make money but he certainly didn’t buy it to lose money either. People will say he could earn more money elsewhere but you could say that about anyone. You could say to a property tycoon he could make more money in oil, or to a gold dealer that he could make more money in property. He’s already got other business interests but he’s a sports investor, he invests in sports. The same way people invest in works of art, they don’t just buy them because they love them and want to hang them over their bed and cherish them every morning and every evening. Or people that invest in vintage cars, they don’t want to drive every one of them to the office every day. He can pat himself on the back for having a great collection while knowing it’ll go up in value pretty easily. There’s absolutely no downside to investing in Arsenal for him.

4 Likes

That second part is true, but misleading. Having done the analysis, his ROI on Arsenal (without any dividends mind you) is around 13-14% annual based on purchase price valuation and last valuation I read (and timing). Simple hedge funds or venture capital, etc. are expecting higher and achieve regularly. One might say the risk with Arsenal was quite low, and I wouldn’t disagree with that… he made a good bet on Arsenal. Also, to be fair, we have ramped spending way up since Kroenke too over and I think any current underspending is probably not directly relating to Kroenke denying spending.

One thing he can’t do today with 67% of shares is leverage his debt against the club the way the Glazers did. He’s previously stated an admiration for such a model and he will undoubtedly implement it if he gets Usmanovs shares. We could be talking 30-40m a year disappearing into debt repayment if that happens.

1 Like

I haven’t heard him say anything about “admiring” that model, but yeah, if he does that, it would be a big F U to the club.

Exactly.
Two of the last three transfer windows we have had a net spend of almost nothing and he has a manager that doesn’t want to spend even if he needs to.

Like you say, the downside is never going to be for Krpenke, but it certainly will for the supporters.
We will never see true world class players bought in while he is the owner, and Wenger is the manager, and I don’t see the same situation if Usmanov bought him out.

If Usmanov does buy Everton, it will be yet another club we will be trying to catch up.

1 Like

Don’t worry guys, when I’m a billionaire I’m going to buy the club and make everything right.

I’ll be like Abramovich but not as shady and more likeable. And I’ll create a special role on the board that an OA member with at least 1,000 posts can be elected to by the users of this forum who will represent the fans and their interest in the club to make sure that we’re on the right track.

I’d also read /r/gunners and OA every day and take on board all of the advice and suggestions posted there because it’s important to get perspectives that aren’t just from the professionals who have worked with it their whole lives and can’t see the forest for the trees.

You can also expect a very strong Danish contingent in the squad as well, and we will build very close ties to the Danish sports community. We’re both red and white after all. John Faxe Jensen and Lord Bendtner will be appointed Ambassadors for the club. Danish pastries and nothing but Carlsberg/Tuborg will be sold at the stadium, and hot dogs as well because we do excellent hot dogs in Denmark. Free Lego kits for any children under the age of 10 attending at every game. Danish girls will be imported to be cheerleaders at half time and they’ll be called the Big Bertha’s because Big Bertha was the biggest cannon ever made and Arsenal has a cannon for a logo but don’t worry the girls won’t be big, or German.

Sure, I won’t be a billionaire for long, but it’ll be fun!

13 Likes

The ramblings of a madman haha

2 Likes

I do long for days when Arsenal is filled with Danish players.

1 Like

Schmeichel, Christensen, Eriksen, Dolberg, Kjær, ahhhh the dream.

No Bendtner?? You blasphemous fuck.

1 Like

And this post was going so well… :zipper_mouth_face:

(I’d take Kasper and Eriksen… Probably Dolbergoal too because of the hype)

1 Like

Oh dear God, we’ll be in the National League before we know it :facepalm:

3 Likes

I expect you to hurry the fuck up and make some moneys. You have one season to make it happen, do not fail us.

1 Like

Scrap the Dansk pølse (not as good as the Norwegian stuff) and Carlsberg and we’ve got a deal :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If Usmanov gets bought out and heads to Everton that will be another team that overtakes us in no time.