Something Going Down in Turkey!

@PPB @Luca_from_Italy

I agree with you guys, and I share your concern, however, I don’t believe your leaders are genuinely concerned about democracy and human rights. I see them hypocriticals, and occupied with their own interests and their allies interests regardless of Turkey and Turkish people.

Yup there is no interest in human rights in the west anymore than there is in Turkey who play a very dangerous game at home and with Syria ,asisting ISIS to kill Kurds in Iraq whilst supposedly fighting them in Syria ! Turkey has been a NATO ally for a long time and is extremely important to its needs.

1 Like

Being devil’s advocate here, don’t you think Erdogan is justified in being a teensy bit paranoid after a coup was conducted to oust him?

Yeah, that’s true. They just want to stop immigrants, so Erdogan is fine for them.

1. Didn’t look like a real coup in the first place. Either it was staged, which I think is entirely possible, or it was monitored so closely it didn’t do any harm at all.

2. Heads of state shouldn’t be paranoid. They should represent the people of the country (including minorities and political opposition) and serve them according to the law. Declaring state of emergency and using that to change the constitution, arresting tens of thousands of people who were previously on blacklists, barring all (!) university personal from leaving the country and closing massive amounts of media outlets isn’t that.

3 Likes

Even referees, linesmen and players have been fired/arrested. Fucking joke.

All the traits of a dictator.

1 Like

I would rather be alive living under a dictatorship than be dead fighting for the illusion of democracy ! Theres millions of Iraqi’s ,Afghans ,Libyans,Eygyptians,and Syrians who would agree . Under Saddam Iraq had high standards of living ,as did Libya ! Now they are death zones !

This would be funny, if it weren’t so sad:

http://gawker.com/turkish-reporter-mistakes-gta-iv-cheats-for-secret-coup-1784732111

I think we all know there wasnt a Coup just as we know that the largest terror group in the world do not live in Syria Iraq or Palestine but in LANGLEY !

1 Like