Simon Kjaer

Full name Simon Thorup Kjær
Date of birth 26 March 1989 (age 27)
Place of birth Horsens, Denmark
Height 1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)
Playing position Centre back

Arsenal are reportedly interested in Simon Kjaer according to David Ornstein.

Personally, I have watched a lot of Kjaer (I’m half Danish), and he really is an excellent player. I’d be happy with either he or Mustafi.

1 Like

If we wanted him we would have went for him over Mustafi in the first place. Standard Wenger who goes for a worse cheaper player as he doesn’t want to pay the money for the top target. So unbelievably boring

3 Likes

Not a bad player, but he would be a meh signing, considering we were after Mustafi before.

In my opinion is one of the worst defenders I’ve ever seen. I watched him playing regularly when he was in Italy and during his french experience with LOSC Lille. If he became a world class defender in Turkey, I don’t know, but I don’t trust in him.

He reminds me to a young Mertesacker. We need a top quality CB with rapidity and agility.

1 Like

At this point I am not gonna bother myself . I for see two more defeats in a row .

You haven’t watched him play at all then…what nonsense.

1 Like

I admitted to not know how has played since his experience with Fene is started.

Fly down.

“One of the worst defenders I’ve ever seen”

What a load of shit.

I’m done, good night.

1 Like

Lol…no please come back and tell us more about how great everything is and every signing is a fucking coup and how the manager knows what he’s doing and will prove us all wrong! I need a foil!

I haven’t seen all that much of the guy and don’t pretend to be a scout, but a couple of seasons ago Lille had the best defensive record in Ligue 1 and L’Equipe rated him as one of the top players. So he must not be too crappy.

2 Likes

Traduci

In Germany, in Italy and in France he has been so poor.

Probably in Turkey he has played many outstanding performances and I’m ready to change my thought on him.

He wasn’t great at Wolfsburg or Roma but he was fantastic at Lille and Palermo and he’s been excellent at Fenerbahce as well, seems like he’s gotten his career back on track.

Definitely not one of the worst defenders ever lol

Arsenal have had a lot of defenders much worse than him (Cygan, Djourou, Senderos, Squillaci, Silvestre, Stepanovs just to mention a few).

1 Like

Think id rather have Jonny Evans though…what happened to that move?

WBA wanted 425K. Arsene calculated we only could afford 400K, otherwise our big striker signing could be at risk.

2 Likes

Not a fan and would be disappointed if we signed him.

I was reading that West Brom wanted an absolute minimum of £20 million for him.

The MADNESS strikes again!