Shkodran Mustafi (We got himmmm!)

It’s all just talks. When they get a good offer they sell him.

Ajax released a statement on their website saying Milik would 100% stay for another season (source). A few weeks later Napoli called with a great offer, two days later Milik was a Napoli player.

It can still happen, it just seems unlikely given how we have dealt with transfers so far this summer. We’re probably looking at cheaper alternatives now.

1 Like

That’s part of the problem, all we fucking do is look.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me if we don’t sign a defender at all. Gabriel will be back in 2 months or so and we have Koscielny paired with one of the youngsters to cover for the time being. Sounds like the perfect plan to save a couple of million that won’t be used on another position.

5 Likes

You could be right.

It will be interesting to see what happens if he buys no one and then Kos gets an injury.

We will have Mertesacker who is too old, too slow and injured, Gabriel who is not good enough yet and injured, Chambers who is not good enough and Holding, who hasn’t proved anything apart from he was ok in one game playing alongside Kos.

It would madness not to get a top quality CB.
But we all know, where there is a mad decision, regarding our transfer windows, there is a madman behind it.

4 Likes

Come on guys do you really expect valencia manager to say he is leaving after losing to minnows at home ?
This is obvious he will say this.
Btw he also said that market is open and anything can happen till it is closed.

The chance is still there but he won’t be cheap.
Wenger wants to play hardball, but Valencia’s ball is much harder.
No matter we get him or not, it is a really bad move. We wait for way too long.

Valencia is going too look too offload other players to comply with FFP. A chance of this still happening is very small because of that I imagine.

If Valencia cannot offload Mustafi/enough player to comply with FFP, who gets hurt more? Valencia or Arsenal?

Don’t they need like £10m to comply with FFP? They could surely sell someone else.

Yeah, that’s what I meant.

They don’t really need to sell Mustafi, and will reverse the hardball game on Wenger/Arsenal.

i think valencia are trying to get as much as possible from arsenal… they know we are desperate and hence trying to play hardball

while on the other hand… arsenal are throwing other names around in media to prove that mustafi is not their only target

its a battle of nerves lol

2 Likes

Agree… we will find out who the winner/loser is very soon.

1 Like

Regardless of the ultimate outcome, I think we know the identity of the loser already…

4 Likes

All this talk of a defender ( Which we do need) but its like people have forgotten we are in more desperate need of a striker LOL

6 Likes

Wenger’s one true ability at work.

Pulling the wool over people’s eyes.

4 Likes

i raised this point earlier… all this dithering look deliberate by wenger to change focus of everyone and you can already see most fans will be happy even with one signing now when we needed minimum two more.

this was a trick played by wenger and now you hardly see anyone talking about the need of a striker

3 Likes

Can someone explain to me how them selling a player now helps them comply with FFP? Uefa arent in looking at their current monies, surely the transgression occurred in previous sets of accounts/financial years??

Might be something to do with the extension UEFA gave them.

There seems to be two deadlines, one at the end of June and one at the end of September where you have to prove that you have no ‘overdue payables’ within a 12 months time-span. I could be wrong, but that’s probably the reason why they need the money…

Have faith baby Greizmann incoming.