Shkodran Mustafi (We got himmmm!)

Have I taken anything personally?

Its a theory. Given the piling evidence to the contrary, including our lowest points total in last 4 years, I think we won’t struggle nearly as much as people think. Fact is, we may be heading out of the top 4 this year; however, most of the candidates to knock us off 4th aren’t that great either, so we always have that to rely on. In a year where a LC catapults up and the Manchester teams and Chelsea are more normal, we will struggle for 4th.

We have the foundation for a pretty darn good squad - add 2-3 of the right pieces and some quality youth and we are competing for honors with the right management and tactics.

And bigger picture, our football isn’t great, we persist with mediocre footballers, and we are stale and boring on all fronts far too often nowadays. It is football purgatory - never too horrid, but never really any hope that we will hit the top heights. With so much cash in the bank and a very healthy cashflow, it is infuriating.

2 Likes

Im getting sick and tired of all these wengerin and wengerout fights and debates here, in threads, on twitter and on stadium. This is getting beyond ridiculous. . Seems like an internal war at Arsenal and ita fans.

It seems like you are. Apologies if i got that wrong :slight_smile:

This is the thing though and this always gets to me. Wenger always says he loves Arsenal and does what is best for the club but his actions say otherwise. If you love Arsenal so much you would want it to do well and you would want the best players etc and at least TRY to be adaptable etc. If you love Arsenal and you see you are driving a divide between the fans you would come out and appease and change your ways and make good and make them come on side again and cheer his name but he doesn’t want that he wants to be RIGHT more than he wants to do well.

It’s like if you have a girlfriend you profess to love, then neglect her, then argue with her and make her feel generally shitty. If you love her so much you wouldn’t do that…or if you loved her deeply and you just couldn’t stop the arguments etc you would be like ‘i genuinely love you but we are incompatible we just fight and argue and you feel really low when you’re with me, I love you too much for this so I will be going be happy and remember me.’

Wenger seems to use this ‘love’ as a crutch to lean on because he has been here for a long time people feel he does, but guess what people are in abusive relationships for decades under a facade of love…doesn’t mean that it is actual LOVE!

Is not good the news of him includend into the squad to play tomorrow. He will not join us, for sure.

Take our attention really on Kjaer or Evans.

1 Like

United took 7 seasons to look good again.
They won a league title, fell for 7 years and now they are title favorite again.

How will Arsenal suffer when Wenger leave? We are not even title winner?
from 2nd/3rd/4th to 7th/8th/9th… it hurts, but which team won’t go through rebuilding process when changing a long time manager?

We haven’t won a single title in 12 years and you expect a smooth transition and quick rebuild?

Yeah, keep supporting Wenger, that’s what you get.

That actually surprises no one. I know you think you sound mature and calm but you sound out of touch with the rest of the fanbase and I’ve a feeling you won’t be around much when Wenger is gone. You’re obviously a card carrying cult member and a Wenger Fundy of the highest order.

4 Likes

Your post concerns the immediate period after Wenger, my thinking is much more long term than that. 5, 10 15 seasons from will Arsenal be consistently top four? There will be a period of consistently poor league finishes, this is inevitable imo

1 Like

All the other points are fine and I agree with them but the last one is totally unrealistic, as I already replied to in another post. On what basis can you possibly hold that belief when we literally can’t name a goal scorer out there that we could realistically spend big on? That point seems just hope for hope’s sake, because you know as well as anyone that it’s a fiasco if (when) it doesn’t happen.

Maybe but it is irrelevant to AW. I assume you mean b/c of the “rising tide of finances of the bottom tiers in the premier league combined with the resurgence of the 3 rich superpowers?”

I don’t completely agree, but I see the logic in your thinking. However, LC taught us something last year and that is if you have the right pieces managed the right way and get lucky, you can reach the top even with a far inferior financial position to Arsenal.

http://www.valenciacf.com/ver/60155/lista-de-convocados-para-el-encuentro-ante-la-ud-las-palmas.html

Wonder if Mustafi will start or not tomorrow :thinking:

Surely not, only just resumed training with the group in the last few days.

Yeah true! Seems as if he’s being brought back into the fold now. Thought he wouldn’t be involved on week 1 tbh

If he had gone out and bought a top CB and striker, and possibly a proper winger, and maybe sold a player like Walcott, it would have shown that Wenger was willing to change and prove to players like Ozil and Sanchez we really are ambitious.

It would also sent out the same message to the supporters who have had to put up with so many underwhelming transfer windows.

If this had happened I would have wanted him to stay on, in fact if he does most of these things I want him to stay.
But I just can’t see him doing anything except the usual excuses.

I agree with all these.

[quote=“Arsenal, post:799, topic:415”]
I think we will spend big on a goal scorer
[/quote]I really want to be wrong, but he really isn’t going to get what we need.

[quote=“Arsenal, post:799, topic:415”]
Not so different to most opinions here, except I believe in respect.
[/quote]I agree with this but there comes a point where supporters have had enough, and the more Wenger blames them for poor poor performances, or keeps misleading them, or making promises that he never keeps, the more the supporters lose respect.

I used to be a massive Wenger supporter and he could do no wrong but his stubbornness and arrogance have tainted his image.

He will always be the greatest manager we have had and the first eight seasons I rated him as the best manager in Europe but he was a different person then.

He seems bitter at the amount of money in football, which is ironic considering he moved from Highbury to the Emirates to keep up with the biggest and richest clubs in Europe.

The fact is that he is the only manager of any club in Europe that is under no pressure, because he knows he will keep his job whatever happens, and this has lead to i situation where he has become arrogant, as well as dismissive of what supporters think, and he has lost support from a lot of people because of it.

4 Likes

I had hope, but not now.

Wenger really has seemed too flustered this past week or so. He could have easily just grinned and said we’re working on it, just you wait and see etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we tried btw, like throwing in a 50m bid for Aubameyang or Griezmann or someone but I doubt anything serious is in the pipeline at this moment in time.

4 Likes

If you bothered to read this forum, @Joshua said that he thought I was older than him…

NB: the two people who have liked your post are the two who have stated they can’t bare to even watch Arsenal anymore (literally of course, not through metaphor). Thought it was ironic considering that you think of me.

Again, I think we will. As uninformed an opinion as it comes. Maybe it is just hope.

If no one was positive around here, those who are negative (see possible realists) would have no one to argue with.

Most probably hope. See above.

@AbouCuellar, am I really being unreasonable/condescending in relation to what I am saying?

Let’s see what happens.

1 Like

I have to agree also, I had an inkling feeling we might have been after an elite player…maybe we were but maybe the person pulled out or things didn’t go to plan or something, but Wenger’s frustrations plain for all to see have given me a really bad sinking feeling that things arent right. Normally when questioned he smirks if he is up to something but he is now looking very out of sorts and agitated…something has gone badly wrong somewhere and even with Koscielny coming out in the press talking about lack of spending but our team spirit will see us through…I am not feeling optimistic much now :frowning: