Shkodran Mustafi (We got himmmm!)

Yeah I agree somewhat - some fans are very over entitled and spoilt. Arsenal post Wenger will have some very bad years in terms of consistently poor league finishes. I hope we shed some them then

2 Likes

No. This isnā€™t to demean Arsene or his achievements, but he did not build this club into greatness. Arsenal were already a great club and one of the biggest in the whole country.

His fantastic work ensured that we remained a great club when we could have gone the other way from the mid nineties onwards. I will always give him great credit for doing so.

But Arsenal were already a great club.

4 Likes

Who are you to decide who can and canā€™t support our club?

Are you some sort of control freak, that canā€™t stand criticism and who has to decide that because people who have differing points of view must be wrong.

You sound like Wenger, the man that can do no wrong.

Do you work for the clubā€™s PR department?

lol Been a gooner for 35 years and I support Arsenal, not Arsene. I have however never climbed up on a high horse like yourself, acting as if Iā€™m better and claiming that others arnt ā€˜fansā€™. Thatā€™s a despicable attitude to have and says a lot about a person.

3 Likes

Ok ArsĆ©ne, but hurry up, as itā€™s almost the end of august.

On the basis of what?

Like other managers couldnā€™t come in and get more from this team? Actually inspire the team and instill a stronger mentality? Coach better? If the club starts to drop away from top four and experience a sharp decline it will be down to Wenger.

The beginning of dark times would be sped up by one of either Sanchez or Ozil leaving or both due to broken promises and pure underachiecement. That will not be the new managers fault whatsoever.

I also donā€™t buy this, ā€œentitledā€ nonsense either.

1 Like

These empty threats of not watching the games on the to anymore are more the actions, or protests, that I was referring to.

Nor did I say how long you have supported Arsenal, you can still be spoiled.

The spoiled notion is a bit silly. Fans merely want the best from their team, and whilst we have the money we reportedly have, we should be doing a hell of a lot better.

1 Like

I donā€™t get this either.

How are supporters ā€œentitledā€ or ā€œspoiled?ā€[quote=ā€œArsenal, post:765, topic:415ā€]
EDIT: your post history suggests that you are one of those spoiled ā€˜fansā€™.
[/quote]

We are told constantly by Wenger and Gazidis, that we will only buy super quality and can compete with anyone for the worlds best players, yet all we see, every transfer window, are the same excuses of ā€œnot meeting with our valuationā€ and " no players were available.

If spoilt means wanting what you have been promised, not wanting to be lied to and not wanting to see the same repeated mistakes, then I suppose youā€™re right, perhaps we are spoiled.

Then perhaps you would prefer us to go down the road of perpetual mediocrity and watching the same underwhelming players.

2 Likes

I agree with you, but that is not what Iā€™m referring to.

I want Arsene to spend money.

I believe we should improve the squad.

I think Arsenal have been negligent to not have a striker in.

I want Arsenal to win the title.

But some of the hissy-fits on here, coupled with the somewhat violent mockery of Arsene, are the focus when I refer to them as spoiled.

Nah bud, weā€™re 20 years in. Shit doesnā€™t just magically reset each year.

2 Likes

I still think weā€™ll make a Ā£50-60m signing

On the basis on the competitiveness of the premier league and the general nature of football really. After Wenger goes Arsenal will not be in the top four (Iā€™m using top 4 as a measure of consistency and quality) for 20 years in a row.

Iā€™m not saying after Wenger goes everything will immediately collapse but there will obviously be a period in the future where we spend a few years in the wilderness this is just a fact of football really. Weā€™ll have some good appointments and some bad ones too, If it can happen to Liverpool and Utd then it will certainly happen to Arsenal.

And if the club does start to fall away it will be anything but Wengerā€™s fault imo, Wenger would have left a solid, young, top four squad if the man after him canā€™t improve on that then how is wengerā€™s fault? After all donā€™t so many claim Wenger is ā€œholding us backā€ that would indicate the next guy has the ability to get more out of the club. ie league titles and CL semi finals

The way some people talk is as if Ozil is halfway out the door, I donā€™t think itā€™s as bad as some make out. Lets see what happens time will tell. tbh Iā€™m not bothered by Alexis or his contract tbh.

There are some over entitled fans you canā€™t deny that with a fanbase so large, letā€™s see how many people stop following Arsenal after a few years tough years. We need a bit of purge anyway

People saying we will have a few tough years when wenger leaves. Lol well we canā€™t be going much worse than we are now with wenger.

in reality, as much as I love Wenger (starting to annoy the hell out of me now though) we have had tough years WITH him for such a long time now. Will we have tougher years after him, maybeā€¦maybe not. The problem is one day he IS going to retire, so I think might as well change the guard anyway because the club needs a new direction if we struggle so be it we are struggling now anyway we need fresh impetus now.

1 Like

What a fucker he is. I can whack my laptop open right now and give you several options we could have started scouting from Football Manager.

Seriously though, does he honestly think people are that stupid. Out of all the football players in the fucking world weā€™re struggling to find 2 or 3. Somebody really is taking the piss.

2 Likes

You donā€™t things will ever get worse than now for Arsenal?

No. We are between 4th and 6th right now. The next manager is gonna have to be awful to do worse.

Even Moyes got Utd 6th?

Maybe I missed the part of the press conference where Arsene announced you became the Chief Judge of Supporters.

Thereā€™s a big difference between sneaky negotiations and some of the garbage Arsene comes out with during press conferences. Over the last few years heā€™s become condescending towards the fans. Nobody cares how much Rob Holding costs if he does a good job. Nobody cares if the club employs 600 people because I think we all recognize transfers arenā€™t paid from club employee salaries.

I surmise from your posts that youā€™re older than I am so I probably fall into the entitled Millennial category of support that you so despise. The truth is that supporters like me (younger and oh no! FOREIGN!) are the future of this club. Itā€™s possible for me to love the club and also hate how itā€™s run, how Arsene runs it and all that.

I do appreciate other posters on here pointng out how ludicrous you were to think you should determine who supports the club.

3 Likes

I suggest you put that animate meme in to assert your age?

Firstly, Iā€™m under 30, and that may surprise you.

Secondly, we each have people who are on our side. I do not disapprove of your point of view, I just pity the way you express it.