Shkodran Mustafi (We got himmmm!)

I’ve said many times Mustafi is not a significant upgrade over what we already have. He’s not good enough for the extravagant fees being quotes and I’d definitely rather have Evans.

1 Like

Fair enough that’s your view point, however, that argument is very disputable.

Also this is a totally different transfer climate in which good defenders are going upwards of £30mil so let’s have some perspective here.

Never quite got why some care how much is paid, what are we saving the money for a phone bill? The lights for the stadium? Weed killer for the pitch?

Mustafi is a very good modern day defender with room to grow whereas Evans is average and isn’t going to get better, there comes a point where one has to stop settling for mediocrity.

3 Likes

An upgrade is an upgrade, significantly or not.
Sure Mustafi is better than Chambers and Holding and Gabriel, otherwise those 3 are on NT (senior) already.

If we don’t get Mustafi because of his fee and rather have Evans, then I’d rather have Bould to play for us, always a gunner.

3 Likes

We have basically nothing at the moment.

1 Like

You’ve lost me chap?

On the old OA you did a funny post that was one of these Wenger conversation type things and it went kinda viral (haven’t misremembered have I?), and I saw that you had liked the quoted post.

It was meant to be a compliment of sorts

Oh right yeah, haha.

They are a bit over done. You just can’t get the quality these days :wink:

1 Like

“We hope” “we are struggling” fucking hell :expressionless:

At least he has admitted we are after him.

Unbelievable. Per was hurt almost a month ago and we’re down to HOPING a deal gets done when we’ve got a long history of botching negotiations.

I’m struggling to see the point in following the team this year. One of my other Arsenal buddies kinda faded away from the team after last summer’s inactivity, I can’t say I blame him.

when/if we sign him I’m glad we now have the rule of a fresh thread for the players section as this thread is quite big and filled with all the rumour chat and a lot of moaning for taking so long for the deal to happen haha. It will also be a bit happier :wink:

Wenger “Mustafi is one of the options we are looking at. We are negotiating behind the scenes” SFR-sport

To be fair, Wenger is just keeping his cards close to his chest as all clubs do.

The quicker the club rids itself of ‘supporters’ like yourself, the better.

1 Like

WE’VE nearly GOT HIIMMMM.

Must be close given he’s openly admitted to negotiations. Lol at revealing all this to French media, he really gets the salty with the English media, rightly and wrongly sometimes.

To be fair, we are Arsenal fans, not Arsene fans. You might not be able to tell the difference but some of us can, call it a gift. And that second statement smacks of arrogance and holier than thou attitude. Sorry, but Josh or anyone else for that matter, has just as much right to support the CLUB, in the manner that they want to, as you do.

9 Likes

As I’ve said, we are two games in. If the man who built this club to greatness causes you such hatred, maybe you shouldn’t be supporting the club at all.

I’ve experienced supporting Arsenal both with Wenger and without, and I can wholeheartedly say that even in these dry years (a CL final, and 2 FA Cups), these Wenger years have been an absolutely euphoric experience.

I’ll never ever forget that, and will be damned if I’m associated to a group that boos and mocks a man that made a lot of these people actually support the club.

To be fair, Wenger could sell Kos, Bellerin, Monreal, Özil, Sanchez and you would still stand there cheering and pounding your chest about how good of a ‘supporter’ you are.
I’m not all that doom and glom like a few others, but the quicker the club rids itself of ‘supporters’ riding their high horses like yourself, the better.

1 Like

Is too hard to wait the end of the transfer window to send judgment?

1 Like

Ha, I’ve given my fair share of criticism to Arsene Wenger, and I too believe that he should not sign a new contract at season’s end.

But the way in which the fans are demanding it doesn’t sit well with me.

I’m all for those sharing their opinion and will openly debate with anyone, but when ‘fans’ act like spoiled brats, that’s when I feel like the debate ends.

EDIT: your post history suggests that you are one of those spoiled ‘fans’.

2 Likes

Yes. Because if it’s true we’re hassling about some millions, we’re essentially sacrificing points because we want to take advantage of the weak position of Valencia. Or at least the chance of dropping points is higher and we’re not putting ourselves in the best position to succeed to save some money.