Shkodran Mustafi (We got himmmm!)

I dont get the hastag. Am i pronouncing it wrong or something?

2 Likes

My interpretation of it - which could be incredibly wrong - is that itā€™s a play on ā€˜squad goalsā€™ lol.

1 Like

I donā€™t get it either :smiley:

3 Likes

How come? Clubs make 3-4 decent signings a window on average, so stick 10m on the price of 3-4 Bolasies and that probably all the new money accounted for. Itā€™s just the attitude of clubs to spend everything they have left over on new players, Iā€™m just not sure why theyā€™re targeting Bolasies and Bentekes from cash rich English clubs when their new money would probably go a bit further buying from Europe.

1 Like

@JakeyBoy please confirm :slight_smile:

Yeah @SRCJJ has it right there.

Also, I didnā€™t change the thread title, before people think Iā€™m that pleased with myself lol.

2 Likes

Well, you knowā€¦ PL proven and all thatā€¦ Means an awful lot these days, because why would you want to gamble on if a player can deal with the physicality of the English game.

Dunno, maybe itā€™s just not knowing how much a Bolasie was really worth 2 years ago, which makes it feel like you add 100% on top of it and not just 10m.

1 Like

I like the hashtag.
Clever play.

It seems however that English clubs will be made to pay more in future by European clubs.

Slight hint of trend there.

Read in the German media today that Valencia are in dire financial straits and are basically forced to sell him. Any connaisseur of the Spanish game who might elaborate on that?

Itā€™s all the FFP stuff. They have to sell players to balance the books and need to sell to buy as well. So selling Mustafi for Ā£30m puts them in the green with FFP and signing players too.

According to one of my friends who works for La Gazzetta dello Sport, Mustafi is ready to sign for Arsenal.

What?

Arsenal are basically playing hardball as they know Valencia need the cash. Its basically whoever gives in first or if another party gets involved.

Nothing like a good ol game of chicken!

Itā€™s honestly a joke how long we take with transfers. If we do sign him Wengerā€™s took all the fun out of signing him by taking so long. Itā€™ll be a finally ffs instead of yess what a signing.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s what Balague had to say: "Valencia as a club need to sell. The Valencia coaching staff want to keep Mustafi. Arsenal are not paying what Valencia want which is near ā‚¬40m. Valencia are also saying they do not want to sell a key player in the last week of the transfer window. Arsenal say they do not want to pay ahead of his real value. So that is where we are.

ā€œBy the way, I do not think Mustafi is good enough for Arsenal but there are not many good centre-backs available in the market right now. He would be a slight improvement on their current centre-backs but he is not worth the fee suggested.ā€

Balague on Sky Sports. ā‚¬40,000,000 is crazy really. Early on in the summer it was ā‚¬25,000,000ā€¦

Well thats that then. Standard Wenger thinking he decides the price not the selling club.

So sick of him. :sleeping:

Slight improvement you say?

Hereā€™s ā‚¬40m and Iā€™ll throw in a complimentary box of Harrisons tomato ketchup sachets (RRP of Ā£9.97).

2 Likes

Ā£40m is silly money if he genuinely isnā€™t a huge improvement over what we have, and I would support the club if they choose not to pay it.

Given the choice, Iā€™d take Evans anyway.

3 Likes