Skhodran Mustafi

You’re right, sorry :smiley:

Back to Shkodran, German NT defender number two at our club, unlike Mert he is 24 and at least a little bit more agile. A good tackler from what I have seen.

Lol.

[quote=“oompa, post:143, topic:585, full:true”]
Basics:

1: You can’t hard ball clubs with way more money than you.
2: The manager doesn’t decide his own budget nor does he get to keep what he doesn’t spend.
3: Plenty of clubs want that good player. We have to beat all of them to get him.
4: You can’t snap your fingers to get him when you haven’t won the PL in a decade and never won the CL.
5: Not all players grab the fattest money offer blindly, then there’d be no good players here as they’d all play in Quatar or China, or City would’ve bought Messi and Ronaldo years ago.

That should cover the basics I think. Now I can just refer back to these points/this post in the future.

Bonus point: 6: ask yourself if your issue applies to plenty of other clubs as well, if so, if you don’t understand why it’s probably because you haven’t figured it out rather than every single one of them being idiots.
[/quote]I understand all that.
But we have been waiting for more than four seasons.

Name me another top European club that has waited for so long to fill such an important position.

Hoping he will do this dance when we win the PL title at the end of the season. :wenger:

2 Likes

I hope he does that little dance when we win the league too, but I’m concerned he’ll trip over his zimmer frame. :wink:

2 Likes

Is he ok in the end?

Stay in your lane bro.

This guy paid 38M for Alex Song and Vermaelen.

7 Likes

I think we overpaid for Mustafi. However, we shouldn’t be listening to him about value ha.

The premier league clubs have this extra money to spend on players, I think it’s a bit more of jealousy than genuine critic

Overpaid in a market where Koulibaly is touted at £60mil, John Stones went for £47mil, Baily went for £30mil and Luiz went for £34mil?

I’d say it’s pretty damn good value though we could’ve got him for around £25mil prior to the Euro’s.

2 Likes

I guess the markets inflated this summer so yeah I guess it’s spot on. Going into the summer I woudlnt have seen him as a target for us, also not for that price, but when compared to other defenders I can’t really argue about ‘value’.

I don’t mind if we overpaid tbh but I’m expecting a quality defender to come into the side from day 1. If he comes in and starts defending like Squillaci then I won’t be happy

1 Like

Can’t say he’s good looking like Perez. He’s 24 looking 34

But those sexy dance moves make me moist :giroud2:

7 Likes

Maybe some would argue he is worth like… £5m less than what we paid. But how many times haven’t we heard that we could just “push in the extra £5m” to get our guy, maybe that is exactly what we did here, maybe we’re just showing that we don’t mind paying if we find what we are looking for and the transfer is ok for all parties involved.

And as Darkseid pointed out, plenty of over the top fees are being paid all around Europe every window nowadays, for a “top club” we probably pay the most reasonable fees out of all for our players.

2 Likes

It’s better. He needs to scare his opponents :ozil2::poldi:

1 Like

This transfer window, everyone in England paid over the asking prices for players. Players a lot less talented than Shkod. More evidence that Barca are salty over us pipping them to the next best striker in the world, Pereth.

1 Like

If over paying means you get a player like Mustafa, and under paying means you get a player like Sylvestre, I know what I prefer.

5 Likes