Skhodran Mustafi

This needs to be his goal celebration tbh.

I’m excited! Welcome! One of the best CB’s in LaLiga and a World Champ too!

@morrisc311 has to be so pissed off he signed for us :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No he’s not, he’s already stated he loves to be made to look like a fucking moron when he shoots his mouth off and is then proven wrong. It’s called the wobs winning :joy:

2 Likes

welcome Shkodran, looking forward to seeing you play for us :slight_smile:

Among all the signings this season, this is the most “exciting”.

Welcome on board, Mustafi.

Exactly. What does every WOB want bar Wenger out? TO SPEND SOME FUCKING MONEY. Every time Wenger splashes the cash his moral high horse gets a little shorter and he looks even more out of touch with reality if that is possible.

1 Like

Any Albanian speakers on OA know the correct pronunciation of his first name?

1 Like

Dieser Mann ist aus Stein. We’ll go 15 unbeaten with this bastard in the team. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

The most important thing is always to criticize :ozil2:

2 Likes

What do you mean what does every WOB want? That shit changes whenever he does what you want, which is why you lot are so pathetic.

End the trophy drought you say - he ends the trophy drought. But now it doesn’t matter because it wasn’t PL/CL.
Stop playing a lineup full of kids you say - he stops playing a lineup of kids. Now he’s an idiot for sending them away.
Spend money you say - he spends money. Now he is an idiot for spending it wrongly and not being honest in media lol
Buy proven top players you say - he buys proven top players. Now he is deluded for not buying your FM targets.
Stop “winning the 4th place trophy” - he finishes 2nd. Now that doesn’t matter because he “should have” won the PL.

And those are just a few examples. So, results? OA is more miserable than ever. It was never about the shit you say in the first place. You lot have moved the goal post so many times it’s beyond pathetic.

If he bought Ronaldo I’d wake up to some good OA discussions on how deluded he is for buying an injured 31yo and not buying Messi. If he bought Messi he’d have bought a player unproven in the Prem who is too short for the physical game and turns 30 next year and should fuck off from the club.

“Wenger Out Brigade”, sounds like and is like a girl club for the bitchy girls in 6th grade that everyone dislikes.

8 Likes

I’ve given Wenger the proper credits for spending this summer. But you can’t really argue we failed miserably last season, can you? Last season also doesn’t give much confidence for PL success in the near future. Just because other clubs underperformed, it isn’t justified in our case. Especially since we should have been on the way up.
Plus the FA Cups should have been the building blocks of things. Not the end all.

Brave @oompa Bravo.

@morrisc311 is the biggest culprit with regards to moving goalposts.

4 Likes

Hopefully he forms a great understanding with Kos and then we have the best centre back partnership in the premiership.

4 Likes

I don’t think we failed miserably. I think few people who support random teams around Europe would look at the team that finishes 2nd in the most difficult league in the world and think “they failed miserably”. Is our fanbase made up of a bunch of Florentino Perez clones? We’re not Real Madrid. We haven’t finished above 3rd/4th in a decade, when we FINALLY do, then what? Complain.

I could’ve told you five years ago (and I think I did on the old OA) when everyone was going on about the “4th place trophy” that I’m that if we finished 2nd and broke the pattern people wouldn’t give a crap because they’d be busy complaining we didn’t win. There is a line between wanting the best/being competitive/aiming high and just constantly complain no matter what, and it in my opinion not a particularly fine line with the margins the complainers are safe outside here.

It isn’t only up to a single team to do all the winning in the league and it never was, we beat Leicester twice, clearly our manager understood the situation but no other team chipped in, but clearly that is no way to look at it, A wider distribution of points; Last year Southampton, Aston Villa, Newcastle, Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool, United and City, 8 clubs in the PL, were in the top 20 spending clubs in Europe, A PL trend. Yet our manager got 2nd in that league buying only a 33yo keeper. Now, one could draw the conclusion that he is good. But not us, he is an idiot, should’ve bought more players and won it! By 2010’s measures Wenger has done everything asked that would mark improvement bar possibly advancing deeper in the CL. It just makes no sense to be more miserable than ever at the situation I ague.

3 Likes

I never undestand why the people like you is so interested about the money. United spent 25M pounds for a midfielder not better than one of the best players last year (Kante, 7.5M), Manchester City spent 70M for a pair of CBs not better than Umtiti, 20M).

Probably do you want many money on a player to be proud to have a club who splash the cash for players, not if these players are good or not.

I do agree and for the most part I think posters here get that and portray that. Bar a few of course. But that can equally apply to the everything is peachy outlook that others take too. The vast majority are somewhere in the middle.

1 Like

I’m also active on a Dutch forums where people thought, who have not clear favourites in the PL and support random teams like you’re saying, Arsenal should have won the League because of the circumstances and did fail by not doing so.

You have to see last season in prespective. Like people like yourself are claiming we should have perspective on the 08-13 years, because of our lack of money/stadium debt. Why isn’t the perspective argument valid for last season, but should we accept that 2nd is 2nd and hence ‘progress’? We made some additions since Ozil and last season the oil clubs and United were underperforming. If that is not a situation as the 3rd/4th club we MUST take advantage of than what is? Wenger hasn’t any accountability then?

We didn’t break a pattern. We finished with 70-75 points, again. It were the other clubs around us who underperformed. This season there will be multiple clubs who’ll finish with 80+ points. Proving last season was a different situation of which we should have taken advantage, but failed doing so.

2 Likes