Skhodran Mustafi

That’s a totally different tangent mate? My point is Per was done as first choice to pair with Kos as soon as we signed Mustafi.

Not sure whether or not Kos has benefitted from Per has to do with that.

I think @Darkseid means he was done as first choice as soon as we signed Mustafi because Mustafi is better than Per currently is. I don’t think he was taking anything away from what Per did for Kosh.

Also @SRCJJ

The reason I brought that up because, if Kos did not played with Per, he would not be the Kos that we have today.
So being our first choice or not, comes second.

I agree. I said it too long again Kosh owes so much of his development to Per. It’s just different to the point that was being raised. But I do agree with you.

:mustafi:

8 Likes

finally a Shkrodan face :mustafi:

3 Likes

I think he’s causing us untold problems in defense with his positioning , he gets drawn out to the sidelines too often leaving us bare in the middle !
He’s slow too so he cant get back quick enough when he over commits !
He and the back 4 and Coq need some serious coaching on defensive drills . . . . . . .but that isnt going to happen !

3 Likes

I thought it was Bellerin who had the head injury?

10 Likes

Can’t really say anything different, can he? If he does say that he doesn’t believe we can win the league, he’ll be seen in a bad light.

1 Like

Oh look everyone! Mr Serious has arrived :raising_hand_woman:

:wink:

5 Likes

Its almost like you haven’t realised all the internet is good for is criticising, arguing and doing everything in your power to belittle others in order to feel good about yourself. :smile:

1 Like

Well I suppose if we win our last 14 games we will end up with 89 points and that will be around the mark lol.

Spends too much time covering the right back…gets pulled over that way far too often.

1 Like

Says the guy offering up a thinly veiled critique in a very argumentative tone which attempts to belittle a large group of people. :welbeck:

2 Likes

beaten for the header for the second goal

pointing with the finger for the third goal while the goal scorer walks past him

beaten twice for the ball for the fourth goal

yet the other one is being singled out. seems legit

5 Likes

I mean that’s fair enough what you’re saying. But you must know how it is, sometimes something just really inspires your rage and gets you insanely pissed off. I’m not a Coquelin detractor relative to a lot of people on here, but seeing him inexplicably step to the left inviting Robben to move further in on his left foot… how can that not make you angry? I can’t indulge myself by ranting again after the one in the match day thread.

Not Coq, Gabriel… I honestly got no one to defend from today’s team apart from Ospina, who won’t take blame anyway, but I find it to be quite ridicilous how some players are being singled out while others aren’t even mentioned or are even defended…

Another player who had an absolute shocker. Lewandowski’s header was pretty fucking good, but no excuse to fall asleep and let Thiago through.

2 Likes

Hes been out of sorts for a while now and thats a worry as it turns into the norm here.
Nobody ever pulls anyone on defence here. Bad habits tend to become part of our approach for some reason.
Although decent for most of the season, hes been over hyped at times.

1 Like

If the system doesn’t protect him he’s left exposed and his lack of intelligent as a defender is obvious to see. He’s physically dominant and is good on the ball but he doesn’t read the game very well and doesn’t anticipate the way you expect a 30-35m defender to do.

I used to watch him at Sampdoria and didn’t think he was that good and at Valencia I always felt like he looked a bit too prone to lapses in concentration and couldn’t always anticipate too well.

Under a different manager he’d be a resounding success but when your manager doesn’t respect defensive organisation it will just make Mustafi look like a donkey every now and then.

Look at David Luiz if you want to see the kind of system you need Mustafi in to truly bring out the best in him.

6 Likes