Skhodran Mustafi

He and Koscielny will henceforth be known as KOSTAFI.

2 Likes

This guy has slotted in so well at Arsenal. Imagine if Per hadnā€™t been injured, would Wenger have bothered to spend all that money on another defender this Summer? Probably not.

He seems to have the same qualties as him but not hindered by lack of pace. Not to mention in his mid 20s, which means loads of years ahead here. Along with the Xhaka signing, we really do feel much stronger and more indepth now. Itā€™s so good having options across the team.

3 Likes

Watching on a pretty crap stream, I kept mistaking him for Koscielny.

Probably the best compliment I could give him.

He was so comfortable yesterday, like heā€™s been here for years.

1 Like

How was he not courted by other clubs?
He is so good.

Him and Koss da boss are just a perfect wall. Great partnership at the back.

1 Like

From what Iā€™ve seen thus far he looks worthy of the fee we paid for him.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying my Italian Gooner, itā€™s only been 5 games but it already feels like theyā€™re the best partnership weā€™ve had in a decade, they complement each other perfectly.

1 Like

His positioning was spot on, and always in the perfect spot to defend crosses. Heā€™s not the biggest CB but he showed me why he wins so many aerial duels last night. We got us a gem, it cost us a pretty penny but he looks like heā€™s worth every Ā£ so far.

1 Like

Ā£35m isnā€™t even that much for a CB his age with that much experience in different leagues :joy:

I donā€™t get why so many people are freaking out about the ā€œhugeā€ expenditure on Mustafi when Pogba went for over ā‚¬100m :joy:

Ā£35m is the new Ā£16m, IF YOUā€™RE LUCKY.

1 Like

Heā€™s been an equal to Kosh so far, what a threshold to match. Heā€™s been a huge complement to how well weā€™ve been playing recently.

Yeah another great game. Very happy we signed him! Shkod and Kos are building the best partnership in the league! :sunglasses:

Being a world champion helps as well. He has a winning mentality.

2 Likes

Musta and Kos are building a solid partnership for the present and for the future. The german seems intelligent, not stupid like another La Liga CB like Gabriel, can play the ball without any problem, knows how to conquer the ball with a tackle etcā€¦

God bless ArsĆØne when decided to spend the money on him.

2 Likes

And god bless Mertesacker getting injured :coq:

3 Likes

A bit shaky the first game, the next it looked like he has played here for five years. I guess if youā€™re the vice captain at your old team, a team that defends differently, and you come to a new club it might not be perfectly intuitive immideately, but man he clicked quickly didnā€™t he?? I expected it to take longer. Sure there are more tests to come but still.

And yes I agree, for me a German world champion squad player combined with his age in his position warrants a big portion of the the Ā£35m fee almost as a blind purchase. I expect him to eventually show some weakness, he is only human after all, but he has raised my expectations by gelling so quickly (read: after that stellar performance vs. Chelsea). He will be tested further Iā€™m sure!

He is what we expected Vermaelen to be when paired with Koscielny.

1 Like

Vermaelen looked good next to Koscielny in his first 4 games didnā€™t he? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

What a baller, in a few years this will be HIS defence and wouldnā€™t be surprised if he becomes either captain or vice captain either as heā€™s a proper leader.

Great to see us have two mobile CBā€™s that know what the hell theyā€™re doing, the understanding between him and Kos is growing with each passing game. And I can confidently say at present we have likely have the best CB pairing in the league, Chavs eat your heart out.

Dat German engineering doe.

2 Likes

donā€™t forget to thank Marco Reus too for getting injured.