Skhodran Mustafi

Dunno why but i am more excited to see what Perez can do with Ozil and Xhaka feeding him, i think he will be a hit…might start off slow until he gels with the team and they get their communication up to scratch and know what they are likely to do but once they fire i think we will have a decent striker at last.

I feel the opposite because Mustafi comes here as a starter, a core player, backbone of the team.
Don’t think Perez can really put Giroud on the bench. He is more like an alternate option, rotation or may spend some time on the wing for me. A supporting cast mostly.

1 Like

I think you are underrating him a bit, but could very well be true too we have no clue what Wenger will do with him or where he will play him so I agree and also agree that Mustafa is a starter. I think Perez is a lot better than most people think and as soon as he starts firing it will be Giroud riding the bench and coming on as a sub, I think Perez has enough about him to leave Giroud as 2nd choice in time if given enough time to play.

We will see when they start playing… now everything is just pure speculation and opinion :wenger:

He looks a born leader :santi2::giroud2:

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/696x392/sep_16/gun__1473251604_mustafi.jpg

Let’s hope that Wenger has realised that having a team full of light weight players, both physically and mentally, is no good.

We used to have a great balance of both, with players like Adams, Keown, Lauren, Gilberto etc, playing alongside, Henry, Bergkamp, Ljunberg, Pires etc, who were no lightweights themselves.

All those players were winners and did anything they could to win, something we have lacked for quite a while.
Shame we still have the weak links like Walcott, Chamberlain and Giroud but it seems as if Wenger has started to see these sort of players are holding us back and aren’t going to win us anything.

3 Likes

He really does look like Per’s long lost brother.

1 Like

or his short one. :santi2:

3 Likes

#YaGunnersYa #YaGermanGunnersYa

5 Likes

PLEASE SIGN A NEW CONTRACT NOW, MESUT!

4 Likes

ARSENAL GO GERMAN! :giroud2:

YaIwobiisBackYa

1 Like

It was 30 million but I see your point !
I loathe the Barca whores ,cheating diving match fixing cants !

FIFY

This guy is gonna upgrade our defence so much, can’t wait.

An improvement on the imperious 2012-2014 Mertesacker quite possibly, and certainly an improvement over the last 2 years as a whole, considering Per tailed off badly last season and Gabriel has been somewhat inconsistent.

Not bad. A few more games to gel and maybe he can be solid for us.

4 Likes

Thought he lost too many headers. Other than that did alright

2 Likes

Agreed. Thought he was solid.

1 Like

Yeah towards the end there we was getting owned by that dike in tha air. Other than that made skme nice tackles and interceptions. Some nice passes too, I’m impressed with his debut.

1 Like

The time was too short to be at the top to play an intense game like this, with new team-mates, but has been very good. He looks solid, a fresh air in our defense.