Serie A

^^ what he said :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yeah I’d guess that’s the reason perhaps more than the idea that these shitty simple designs somehow appeal more to the newer fans in football.

:henry2:

9 Likes

The whole world will end up in this direction soon unfortunately.

Their current one is pretty good IMO. Not too basic, not too detailed and not old fashioned. Don’t really see the need to change it.

The only ones who’ll benefit are the 8 year old boys trying to draw it on their pencil case. I remember doing a few really terrible Arsenal ones and would have appreciated something so shit.

The font suits them though.

1 Like

Golazo!

https://streamable.com/r45g6

Pioli is doing a very good job at the moment. But at the end of the day it’s still Inter. It’s waiting for the moment they implode again.

1 Like

Just purely stylistically I like the new Juve badge. As a representation of a club with such an illustrious 120 year history though it’s fucking awful. All it really says is “we exist” but that’s exactly what they were after so its job done.

2 Likes

Like most old crests, the previous one had lots of nice little bits on it that carried some deep and profound meanins, but found itself dated and out of touch with the modern game.

Im glad they dropped the bull, wish they kept the gold however.

Indeed. They have fucked up a 2-goal lead against Bologna in the Coppa Italia.
Inter win it 3-2.

C’mon now, you still haven’t offered an explanation as to what looks so ‘dated’ about their previous crest and what it is about it that makes it ‘out of touch’ with football in 2017? Genuinely interested in this.

If you just have an opinion that having a giant ‘J’ looks better than the other features of the historic crest then just say that.

Its a squashed version of their logo from 1960 ffs. It’s horribly out dated and inconsistent with todays branding standards.

Further, the shield is far more appropriate than the oval. Do you need me to explain why?

They even share that exact bull with local rivals Torino. Honestly their logo carried a nice sense of nostalgia (which oldies love) but nothing more. Their identity was in the stripes, which was kept. It’s fairly obvious why both the bull and the zebra needed to go. Imagine if another london club had a canon…

I do wonder why you are so averse to modernising? Your dig at ‘shitty designs apealling to newer fans’ is honestly bizarre.

Maybe it’s you that needs to leave the 60s and get with the times aye? :smile:

Edit: oh sorry, my take on the modern game is that it’s all about bags of money, sleak, lavish, style, new shiny stadiums,etc. This captures that well imo.

Not that i think it’s perfect, far from. However Juventus, like most top clubs, will move towards more a modernised and globally accepted image.

juve.com

1 Like

Many apologies Oliver, I bow to your insider knowledge on today’s branding standards :laughing:

Why is it obvious that the bull needed to go? It’s a cultural symbol of the city of Turin, what does it matter if it’s shared with Torino. They’ve traded that for a giant fecking letter in black and white

It looks like a majority of their fanbase and others are, like me, against the redesign, so perhaps there is more to be said for tradition than you’re willing to admit.

1 Like

Totally agreed here, if it was for any other entity non-sporting I think they’ve done a really good job, but alongside the other badges from serie a it looks terrible. I like most of the Spanish league teams logos, they look like coats of arms and look like they’ve been around for centuries.

1 Like

I feel it’s time Arsenal re-branded themselves. Here’s a suggestion. :laughing:

4 Likes

I vote we take ownership of the letter ‘A’ before Atletico Madrid, Anderlecht and Accrington Stanley get wise to our plans.

Maybe just the letter ‘A’ overlain on a mosaic of Wenger’s face.

I like the idea of just becoming ‘A’ as well, or maybe ‘A Club London’. Arsenal isn’t even a place anyway right, so we actually have less to lose? It worked for Prince

As suspected, they really want the alphabet J instinctively resonate with Juventus and fair play as there are no other brand with that letter out there.

Should have done so without fucking up the crest.
What a massive compromise!

1 Like

Im thoroughly enjoying how triggered you are. :smile:

Theres a lot to be said for anyone that thinks their opinion is correct on the basis that it is popular btw. Don’t be that guy.

BigSpuds my dear boy, the whole “haha, look how wound up you’re getting!!!” is tantamount to raising the white flag and waving it in my face :sunglasses:

Still waiting for some actual reasoning from you (or the overpaid marketing bods at Juventus) as to why a giant black and white J signals modernity.

I’m pretty sure though that basically you just prefer the look of it to the old one, amirite?

I personally think the simplicity signals modernity. The fact that it is simple means it is easier to use on all platforms - this was not a concern 50 years ago where it was only really used on the football kit and in a few other places. Nowadays you see club crests everywhere so it’s important that the design/brand works on the millions of items plus on all the digital platforms.

Other sports teams will follow suit, it’s just weird at the moment because Juventus are first.

It is true that with different marketing collaterals, having a simple icon makes it easy to reproduce on print, garments and digital medium, but it’s not like they have a complicated crest to begin with.

It’s an oval with black and white stripes.

I work for a firm where the icon is a nightmare. It has three different colours in it and with each medium, the color changes. :laughing: