Serie A

Yeah. Incredible summer they’ve had now.

Biglia and Bonucci the latest two recruits. If this transfer goes through then they’ve just signed one of the best defenders in the world. The very best if you ask me.

Donnarumma

Mussachio - Bonucci - Romagnoli 

Conti                       Rodriguez

Biglia - Kessie

I won’t even finish the front line because they’re interested in more attacking players.

1 Like

We’re looking good, like really good. On paper. Been a while since we’ve had this many amazing players, still nowhere near even 2010/11 squad but Bonucci is fantastic, the best defender in Italy and top 3 in the world currently. He’ll turn to shit I just know it, like the opposite to Pirlo :weary:

1 Like

Belotti. They can easily finish in the top 2 next season, imo.

1 Like

Have they got new owners then? How are they managing to do this all now rather than before?

New owners and some excellent appointments on the footballing side of the operation. Fassone and Mirabelli. They’ve acted swiftly and are building a strong squad.

2 Likes

Makes sense then!

It genuinely looks like they’ll be a tough team in the Europa, definitely want to challenge them during it at some point.

1 Like

A “rematch” of what should’ve been the 2006 final when Milan and arsenal were playing the best football on the planet but both came up against a cheating barcellona

6 Likes

holy shit. That explains a lot tbh.

2 Likes

Even at 30, Bonucci is a major major signing for Milan.

Btw, Roma having quite an underrated window even with their outgoings, Gonalons for less than £5m is a brilliant signing and Pellegrini for not much more is another.

1 Like

£35m for Bonucci, £50m for Walker. Sums up the state of the transfer market in this country

Bonucci left because Juventus wanted him gone, hence the price.

Factor in homegrown element too and price makes some obscure level of sense.

Not to mention the age. Walker could have resale value, Bonnuci not so much. Plus different leagues with different money.

The main reason Bonucci went for cheap is because he didn’t want to leave Italy so Juve had their hands tied in what they could demand for him.

Yep, him and Allegri had a row in february.

Is homegrown a thing in Italy?

They always have loads of good footballers, always though the FA brought that in because they are short in that regard.

I don’t think it is a thing anywhere but the premier league tbh. I meant it more in terms of the inflated Walker price.

1 Like

Of course. I read it as a standalone post rather than the response it was. :slight_smile:

ha! I thought it was a response, my mistake. Poor English strikes again.

I get all the above posts. Tbh it’s kinda pointless comparing like for like when analysing transfers. It’s just more the fact that in ‘real terms’ walker isn’t anywhere near him.

Levy is also bloody good at getting above the market rate.

1 Like