Serie A

Yesterday, Max Allegri changed the tactic and tried to play with the 4-2-3-1 with Khedira and Pjanic on midfield, Cuadrado on the right, Mandzukic on the left and Dybala behind Higuain. Especially the two argies have played an outstanding game. Probably the new tactic will be the right formula to win the league again because the 3-5-2, with many players who are not performing like in the past, was a big risk.

2 Likes

Heā€™s gone for 4 at the back quite often this season. I think 4-2-3-1 was a nice change because like you said the squad had many players who werenā€™t performing and the injuries havenā€™t helped either.

Mandzukic is a versatile player and is showing people he isnā€™t just a one dimensional striker. His ability to play out wide has become apparent at Juventus and whilst he isnā€™t a stellar wiseman, his versatility is useful.

2 Likes

The Coppa Italia quarter-finals start today with Napoli-Fiorentina.

1 Like

Should be a good contest.

1 Like

Very good game tonight, but I want to talk about Atalanta.

A very good small club but with a culture of work similar to big teams. They have many excellents young teams thanks to their fantastic staff, fantastic structure. There arenā€™t many academies better than Atalanta.

Their work since 1980, produced many very good players. Jack Bonaventura (AC Milan), Manolo Gabbiadini (Napoli), Riccardo Montolivo (AC Milan), Giampaolo Pazzini (former AC Milan and Inter Milan striker), Filippo Inzaghi (former AC Milan striker), Christian Vieri (former Juventus and Inter Milan striker), Roberto Donadoni (former AC Milan winger), Gaetano Scirea and Antonio Cabrini (former Juventus stars and champions of World with Italy in Spain '82) and other many players which now I donā€™t remember are born and bred in Bergamo (North Italy, not many miles away to Milan).

In January they sold Gagliardini (midfielder) to Inter Milan, Mattia Caldara (defender) to Juventus, they are talking with Chelsea to sell Franck KessiĆØ (midfielder) and last week they yet helped another three wonderkids to debut:

Filippo Melegoni

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHuaSh8YlEg

Emanuele Latte Latth

Alessandro Bastoni

5 Likes

The italian Ajax. They have a bright future ahead.

He has been alternating between 4 at the back and 3-5-2 since heā€™s been there. When Vidal was there he played with Pogba-Pirlo-Marchisio-Vidal together. Champions League final f.e.

Beautiful game so far. Napoli have started better, but Fiorentina have had two massive chances.
I have to admit Fiorentina would deserve the lead. They pressing and closing Napoli down well. Sarriā€™s side are struggling to come out from their half.
Insigne tries a Del Pieroā€™s type of goal. Way off the bar.
0-0 HT. Amazing first half.

1 Like

Remember though Everton are superior to both teams :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Mertens on for Pavoletti.
Callejon! 1-0 Napoli! Only 3 passes to score :giroud2:
Now itā€™s Borja Valeroā€™s turn.
Fiorentina playing the ball in their box and they almost concede.
Very nervous last minutes. Two red cards each.
Napoli are through. Harsh on Fiorentina.

Disgusting show. Callejon, Mertens and other Napoli players are perfect to become actors. Their scenes after the fouls (sometimes without any foul) have been horrible. Sleazy players. I wish them to be knocked out by a goal scored by Higuain with a bicycle kick during the injury time, celebrating the goal in front of the fans with a kiss on the Juventus crest.

?? Um ??

Filth

http://streamable.com/08ivi

8 Likes

Just something a poster said on another thread, best we donā€™t get into that shit fight again.

I prefer this trick:

@Luca_from_Italy knows who is he.

1 Like

:henry2:

Juventus-Milan today. Milan are going through a bad spell so they need a win.
Dybala with another beautiful volley. 1-0 Juventus.

Ɩzil has done this control a few times too.

2 Likes

Milan are getting destroyed. What a gulf in quality there is between the 2 sides. 2-0 Pjanic with a beautiful free kick.
2-0 Juventus HT. Just a training for Bianconeri.
Milan pull one back with Bacca and one minute later Locatelli gets sent off.
Would have been some goal by Pjanic here.
Juventus are through, while Milan look to have switched off after beating Allegriā€™s side back in december.