Serie A

Crickey, talk about going for the minimalist look :neutral_face:

The design reminds me of Jorge Lorenzo forming his initials to look like a number 1 :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I like it!

I really like it. Itā€™s conformed to their existing brand and retained their identity while making them modern and stylish.

Big fan of the decision. Whats up with all the badge changes on the 60s though.

91 - 05 = sex though tbh.

I like it. Might even steal it and use it as my own personal logo. Us cool people know that minimalism is in :grin:

:joy: Fair to say, a lot of people are not happy with the change. Tons of funny mocks up going around.

11 Likes

:smiley:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2UyZZVWgAIwgL_.jpg

9 Likes

Has football society now become so dumb that we only need to see ā€˜Jā€™ for Juventus? Is that their brand and identity?

Honestly one of the worst crest reinventions Iā€™ve yet seen, Iā€™m starting to think we got away with one for ours.

2 Likes

Its not only a J, it incorporates their black and white striped kit into the shape of a crest and has the words Juventus above it.

Ours got a lot of flack too tbh.

At least we retained the cannon in our badge.

While the new Juv badge is quite clever in itā€™s thought process, having the J as the main logo is ultimately bland. Sure you have the black and white in there, but surely they couldā€™ve retained the horse in there somewhere? Or even have ā€˜the old ladyā€™.

The logo would be fine if this was some sort of start up business, but this is a Football club with well over 100 years history and to me it feels like thereā€™s no real identity with the badge. I can see this kicking up as much fuss as when Everton changed theirs a season or two ago, only to get a backlash and go back to the old one.

1 Like

I dont know why top European clubs have to do these things you can only assume were thought up by some Anerican marketing grad from some Ivy League business school

2 Likes

Itā€™s obviously for the benefit of growing the brand. A more simple and sleek logo is what American markets and Asian markets are probably after.

I hope anyway lol. Otherwise it looks fucking terrible

Existing trends of brand guidelines are meant for generic services. It make sense there to go for sleek, minimalistic approach so that consumers can grasp & recall the brand quickly.
But that should not be the need for a football club. The audience for football clubs are engrossed in the game, they enjoy the minute details in the crest and the crest is quickest means for a club to highlight or create a sense of glorious historical credibility of a club. (At least thatā€™s what I felt when I first saw all these crest for first time)

I can see why they went for it as there are no or very less big brands out there which dominate the alphabet J; but God that is very poor attempt at it.

And Juventus donā€™t need to go for such act as their white black vertical stripes already gives them the brand identity and the closest competitor is Newcastle in that regards.

Football clubs should stick to classical branding. It just gives more depth, even if it is not easy in the eyes.

3 Likes

This thread suddenly comes alive thanks to a fucking badge, lol.

1 Like

This logo looks like something a meth head would snort.

Maybe Maradona will change Napoli for Juventus now.

Haha, what a clusterfuck. :arteta:

1 Like

Modern club badges are so simplistic and boring. Much prefer the more complicated looking traditional crests. Suppose its all about branding in todays age.

As an American, and therefore qualified to speak on behalf of all Americans, I can say that this new logo is awful and everyone who signed off on it should feel bad.

1 Like

I wonder if, like fashion, branding is a spinning wheel, and older looks will come back in again.

Iā€™d read the reason that some of these modern crests are so godawful (in their bland simplicity) is due to issues of intellectual property theft and copyrighting. Somehow the simpler the crest, the harder it is to forge? Youā€™d think it would be the opposite, but I probs just read it wrong :sunglasses:

Hopefully the Juventus fans can get it reversed anyway, would be a good victory for people power.

1 Like

Makes sense, the less details there are to change, the more difficult to make a copy that can get way as ā€˜differentā€™ to copyright authoritiesā€¦