Serge Gnabry

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/f1n0.mp4

@AbouCuellar was right, because has been the only to fully trust into the qualities of this young player. Now, with a Olympic tournament played at high level, Serge Gnabry will have the chance to talk with Arsène not as wonder kid but with a status of a player who can add quality immediately, without attend another year, another loan and another failure under shit managers like Tony Pulis.

Sincerly, if Sanchez will be our solution on attack, and Mahrez will refuse to force Leicester to join us, I will be happy to keep him in the squad. Looks very dangerous on the left using the right foot, is capable to score goals in front of the net and doesn’t need a time to adapt.

I can’t be the only one who thinks a good tournament at the Olympics means practically fuck all.
If anything his brief stint in the first team a few years back was much more impressive.

I dunno about fuck all but yeah he still obviously has much to prove.

Question is should he be given a loan whilst he’s on this kind of form to enable him to develop further or be kept here and not play enough, I think the former would be the better option.

After these displays should be a more than a few clubs in Germany that would give him plenty of game time.

Of course performances at club level matter much, much more. But I think presenting yourself like Gnabry does not hurt either.

1 Like

Well when he was written off by Pulis and accused of being a chubster, he’s at least showing that hope is not lost and that spell in our first team wasn’t just a fluke. He’s scoring for fun in this tournament and is a real standout player, it’s got to be worth something. I think we can trust him to be at least as good as he was for us back then so therefore is probably worth putting some faith in.

He was always a quality player.
We are too skeptical these days.

His injury was illtimed.

Just thinking, Gnabry should be able to come straight into the squad if Wenger wants him to. He had a full summer break and basically a full pre-season playing in the one friendly vs Lens & the Olympic games, you’d think there shouldn’t be a need to give him a break.

Depending on how long Iwobi is out for, we could need him.

1 Like

Better than Theo.

1 Like

Have him in the squad but I think Cambell should get a break b4 him ,and before walcott for that matter.

1 Like

Even with Iwobi out, we have 3 players infant of him. Hasn’t he played on the left for Germany in this tourney anyhow? maybe a backup to Alexis on LW?

Germany 1-0 up at half time in their semi final with Nigeria. Gnabry played a lovely little deft through ball too tee up the opener, it was nice.

He snatched a shot just wide from the LW too.

Glad he gets to play a final, his efforts have well afforded him that so good luck to him!

1 Like

:smile: Buzzing, just a matter of time before Gnabry nails down a first team spot next to Özil & Alexis.

Was always going to happen. Renew his contract and sent him out on loan where he’ll play regularly.

That translates to me that we want something back for the time invested. A few mil transfer after a loan probably.

That translates to me as 'Hey man, please don’t do the Pogba"

Might actually NEED him to contribute this season as our wing options are still a mess and with injury possibilities to Iwobi, Ox, and Theo, we are going to have to pray Sanchez stays fit and Gnabs can actually give us some productive minutes.

I don’t really think we can have him sitting around for another year just for the off chance of him playing games. He’s in his early 20s now and hasn’t had a full season of football anywhere. Not playing him and having him stick around in one of the youth teams isn’t going to do his development any good anymore.

2 Likes

Exactly.
It is not about Wenger/Arsenal decision or not, it is also about Gnabry wants to stay or not.
After the Olympics, I will use him as the impact sub and starter against inferior teams.
His value is far more higher than Ox, Theo and Campbell at this moment.
Hope Wenger won’t do another “Campbell” and sit Gnabry without a reason after a good international tournament.