Serge Gnabry

Who’s talking about potential, though? Potential is actually the word you are obligated to use if you want to make a case for why Ox is still around, because otherwise there’s no argument.

Gnabry’s performances against Swansea, Tottenham, and Villa were just as convincing as Ox at Milan.

Anyways, it’s not about potential at all. It’s about Gnabry being better, and two years younger.

Well, not really. I base my reasoning that Ox is superior on the quantity of senior games, and the (albeit inconsistent) output in a few critical games.

Gnabry however; regardless of potential, should get the nod because of things like a half decent game against Aston Villa? Right.

Cant wait to come back to this at the end of the season when Gnabry’s done nothing for Bremen

2 Likes

So the quantity of games Ox has played for Arsenal, regardless of the meagre contribution in those games (in a large sample at this point), and the fact that in an incredibly small fraction of those games–including a glorified friendly–he has produced a good performance (Milan, probably 6-10 games aside) is what you base your superior valuation of Ox on? And Gnabry, who played well in practically every single start he got at age 17-18 in his first season, and who produced genuinely decisive performances in about half of those starts, you rate below him, using the same objective rationality …Good to know.

I would suggest experience is a sensible factor to consider in determining which of the two could have a greater impact on the team this season.

You mention objective rationality, then say you weren’t basing this on potential, and have made your opinion almost entirely based on Gnabry’s 10 senior game sample and the Olympics? Not sure about that buddy.

We can downplay the Charity shield itself as a glorified friendly, i have no issue with that. But its still an official honour in English football, played at Wembley, which can only be qualified for by winning one of the two highest accolades in England.

The teams were full strength, were fierce rivals and were clearly both playing all out for victory. It in itself was anything but friendly, and just because individials such as yourself and Mark Lawrence choose to belittle the shields status and significance, doesn’t mean that players and managers share that sentiment.

We’re going in circles here but like I said a rather large experience of insatisfaction is not a point in favour, whereas a very small experience of success isn’t a guarantee of success but it is better than the former.

1 Like

Good point.

Agree to disagree as a whole? :slight_smile:

1 Like

The logic being Gnabry forced a move in his last year of contract, we wanted to keep him.

But under 23 level is a level Ox doesn’t compete at, and it’s easier to do well at that level.

1 Like

https://cdn-e2.streamable.com/video/mp4/78fo_1.mp4

He’s gonna do well for Bremen, showed some nice movement earlier in the half and received the ball in what would have been a goal scoring opportunity but there was some contact in the box and he went down, no penalty.

1 Like

That was a very nice move by Serge

He’s gone ,Arsene knows best ,move on close the thread !

1 Like

Just think Ramsey or Giroud could be putting that ball into row z.

1 Like

This is torture, please don’t post these videos. :grin:

I watched that ^^ Bremen game vs Augsburg yesterday, Bremen tactically are awful made me appreciate out performance vs Southampton and that’s saying something haha, back to Serge though he looked class especially in the first half and should of had an assist too, he cut a nice little ball back across the box with his leg peg only for Fin Bartel’s to sky it under no pressure :neutral_face:

Max Kruse needs to hurry his ass up and get fit, him, Gnabry & Junuzovic are gonna cause teams problems.

1 Like

Just scored a banger! :boom: vs Gladbach hell of a goal should of had an assist too. Still can’t believe we let him go

Why oh why did we let him go.

Letting him go wasn’t a problem.

Letting him go so cheap was.

1 Like

‘Why???’ Did you not see that goal Theo scored today?

How dare you blaspheme the great Theo by uttering such rubbish about other wingers!

When we have him we have no need for other wingers.

1 Like

Because he wanted to go… not much the club can do

2 Likes

Yeh letting him go wasn’t really the problem at all and you certainly weren’t going to get a massive fee for him. Not finding an improvement on OX/Theo/Cambell was the real issue.