Serge Gnabry

Ox is a mufuckin G. I will hear nothing bad about him.

I’d be happy if they could just stay fit for like 3/4 of a season.

Perhaps not, but you will read plenty bad about him over the coming weeks and months. :per:

3 Likes

Hah until he starts ballin and then everyone is gonna be scared he won’t sign a new contract.

1 Like

Rumours are that Bayern gave Bremen the money to sign Gnabry and then Bayern will sign him for cheap from Bremen and that’s the agreement in place because Arsenal would have charged more if Bayern were trying to buy him.

Hope Gnabry fucking flops if that is the case.

3 Likes

That’s just financial doping. Cunty as fuck and if so how on earth are they allowed to get away with it.

3 Likes

Did they sign any Bremen players? I’m not sure a club can just give another club money like that.

Kicker were reporting that throughout deadline day, apparently it’s confirmed in this video by Honigstein & Lemke (on Werder Bremen’s board) but i’ve not seen it completely translated so it might not be.

It was odd that he wanted to sign for Bremen so much when better clubs in Germany would take him.

3 Likes

That’s truely ridiculous if true

1 Like

Buyernliga indeed. :poldi:

1 Like

1 Like

If that stuff about Gnabry is true isn’t that something that can be investigated, surely that sorta shit is against some sorta rule. Mind you though you have the dodgy things going on between PSG and Chavski, Chavski and their loanee feeder club etc…i guess corrupt bullshit just isn’t blinked at anymore it is so prevalent the powers that be don’t give a shit, especially because they are corrupt also, probably taking bungs from certain clubs, backhanders so they can keep on doing what they are doing. Wonder how deep the corruption is in football, I guess if we really did know it would be very hard to watch it anymore.

More I think about this more frustrated I get.

We were so close to having a decent enough squad. Xhaka, Mustafi, and Pérez were very nice-interesting signings. But I can’t help but feel we are going to pay dearly for Wenger’s misguided belief in Ox and Ramsey. Take those two out of the squad and replace them with Jack and Gnabry and we have a relatively complete squad.

But now (my friend was talking about United and said they are ‘skin deep’, one or two injuries away from collapse, and I thought, doesn’t that apply to us too?), we’re putting a lot of faith in the idea that Iwobi can carry on his great form in his early Arsenal career (or the idea that Ox can make a somewhat miraculous leap to Iwobi levels, which must be the miraculous leap Wenger has in his head otherwise there’s no explaining Ox still being here), because behind Özil and Alexis he’s literally the only player with creative-attacking quality we have. Having Gnabry and Jack around to kind of offset that risk would’ve been important.

Later, you’ve got the fact that Ramsey is publicly against playing on the right and will be looking for mostly games in the middle, and Wenger, given his loyalty to him, will likely find him them. And we know that having Ramsey as an option in the middle is worse than not having Ramsey as an option in the middle. Say what you want about Jack, but I’d much rather have him to plug in in the middle in occasional situations than Ramsey, especially at #10 where Ramsey is pretty useless and Jack has the qualities to play there, and has put in a few decent performances there. Really fear for the negative impact Ramsey’s chances in the middle can have.

Just frustrated at this poor squad management, I might’ve had reason to dream of a 2nd placed finish or even a fleeting challenge of 1st place, but, aside from the limitations of our manager, it’s just too easy to see where the cracks in the seams will turn into holes. Gotta stay optimistic, though, maybe Ox can put together a bit of a run of production and Wenger and Ramsey can collectively figure out some way for him not to be a walking flaministic disaster.

3 Likes

Yes, yes we’re fucked because let go kid that has got a game for Arsenal in 2 years and Wilshere someone so injury-prone that we could barely give him a preseason, not going to even dignify the rest of the crap with a response.

Just get a fucking grip and stop being a drama queen.

11 Likes

:joy: savage

6 Likes

It’s not so much about Gnabry and Jack as it is about Ox and Ramsey. We need better options there. Jack and Gnabry were two potential internal options, but if we could’ve done better that would be great. In a perfect world we’d have sold Ox and Ramsey earlier on and used their money to replace them, and allowed Jack to go on loan (the Jack loan in a vacuum is a good one–though I’d prefer it to a side where I thought he was going to grow a bit more tactically–I wouldn’t be bothered at all if we had a decent replacement for him in the squad), and brought in a young central midfielder who could be the heir to Santi and also make a contribution this season (like the Koziello guy that has been mentioned by Burgundy). Re: Gnabry you can laugh all you want, but Bayern has underhandedly staked a claim in him for a reason, and having him and Iwobi fighting it out for playing time would’ve been an ideal scenario, IMO. Instead we have Ox. Disagree with me all you want, but I rate Gnabry higher than Ox in the short and long term, and that’s a legitimate position to hold.

Nothing dramatic about either of my posts for what it’s worth…

On what evidence?

On what evidence is Ox better than Gnabry? There’s no doubting the low level of competition Germany faced in the Olympics, but put Ox in that side, and does he score at the rate Gnabry did?

Simply put, Gnabry is a better player, he has more end product, he has more quality, the only thing he has less of is experience, and when Ox has turned his experience into fuck all I’m not sure how much that is worth in this argument.

Both Ox & Gnabry are exactly the same, with Gnabry slightly edging it in finishing department.
Who will apply their attributes into a successful career remains to be seen.