Santi Cazorla

He’s looking like he’s getting back to his best. I can’t believe I thought Ramsey could pick up his slack last season! Judging we can keep Santi fit, he should be starting most of our games this season.

He’s been one of Wenger’s best buys, definitely.

https://cdn-e2.streamable.com/video/mp4/4pr3.mp4

7 Likes

Cazorla had a Spanish radio interview with Cadena Ser, he mentions being happy, Atletico’s interest in him and his contract which he says he’s in the last season of and hasn’t been offered a renewal.

1 Like

Is Ramsey even capable of putting a performance of such technical proficiency? Feel sorry for anyone who believed Ramsey was anywhere near Santi’s level as a central midfielder

1 Like

Cazorla will have 32 in December… please, cloned him :santi:

1 Like

It’s fucked I remember we even had people saying he’s the worst CM in any top European club. Lot of criticism over Santi’s inclusion over the last few years went quite over the top.

When him, Ozil and Sanchez are in the line up, anything is possible.

1 Like

So true. They’re insanely good.

Why have we not offered him a contract extension??

We’re dealing with minions like Ozil and Alexis first then we’re going to make Santi our highest paid player.

1 Like

Those three must all be signed, at any cost.

4 Likes

“Atletico Madrid are an amazing club,” Cazorla told Cadena SER. "Just have a look at their results, El Cholo [Diego Simeone] is doing great things. It is not easy to reach two Champions League finals and win the league.

"I am happy here. I am trusted by the manager and my team-mates.

“I am feeling important here, and if they’ll offer me a new contract, I’ll sign it because I am very happy with this great club.”

2 Likes

‘NGL’, as the kids say, I don’t feel half as confident in our team when he’s not in the line-up.

Coquelin has an underrated pass on him for sure but that’s not his primary job and this little magician seems irreplaceable to me. Elneny I don’t think is much of a passer at all, but jury’s still out.

1 Like

It’s clear we missed his trickery in the middle, but it was a good decision to rest him. We have to manage him carefully.

Please be back next game, as we looked absolutely bereft of ideas in the centre of the park without you.

Little magician helps, but when you have players overhitting basic passes, crossing blindly into Sanchez, and nobody willing to take on their man to help create imbalance in their defense, ohh and letting the other half of the crosses be blocked over and over, you have to think resting Cazorla was the right move and we just didn’t perform well in the final third.

We have a lot of decent options in the middle now, but are still somewhat threadbare in the 4 key attacking positions after you get past Sanchez and Ozil (and lately Walcott).

2 Likes

Well that doesn’t sound good :weary:

Just hope they don’t want to rush him back.

Santi needed to be managed properly, wenger didn’t make use of the depth and now we’ve paid the price. CM options are now Elneny and Ramsey ffs

Next is Reading or Ludo? Either way, resting Cazorla should NOT be a problem.