Sam Lollardyce

Shock horror.

I read that as Mark Hughes being the one under investigation for a moment :joy:

:joy:

3 Likes

I read his column in the standard on the issue - obviously he was very sympathetic to Sam. At the time I was thinking ā€œnah he canā€™t be involved if heā€™s doing a write up on it, the guys on OA are wrongā€

So he said he heard players bet on a game and agreed to invest in something. These ā€œrevelationsā€ are getting worse.

Heā€™ll have to answer to the FA, be fined and the players will likely be fined too, which is fair. Heā€™s also really not the brightest for revealing such a story.

Heā€™s not really in the game anymore. I doubt heā€™ll have to answer to them at all. And even if he did he could just say he was talking bollocks to impress. They wont be able to prove anything.

Does anyone else not really give a fuck about any of this?

1 Like

Its just another news story. The headline grabs you or it doesnā€™t.

True corruption being exposed is always a fairly righteous cause but youā€™ll have to forgive me for not getting all bent out of shape about Fat Sam being greedy and Harry being a scummy cunt.

I just feel bad for his dog, poor things name is going to be dragged through the gutter once more.

1 Like

I donā€™t think anyone is particularly bent out of shape.

I was certainly expecting a lot more. So far the biggest scandal is what, assistant managers taking a few quid to get the manager to have a look at a player?

Nothing solid on match fixing or suspicious betting (Iā€™m guessing Redknapp was talking about a player betting on themselves which I really couldnā€™t give a shit about).

1 Like

Everyoneā€™s talking about it, blowing it way out of proportion, even people who have absolutely no interest in football.

Itā€™s a British scandal, I genuinely canā€™t wait until Big Sam is on Loosewomen telling his side of the story.

So you mean the media are talking bollocks and people who see the bollocks media talk are talking further bollocks. Fair enough, my own experience is people basically shrugging their shoulders.

Yeh man kinda. I just donā€™t feel itā€™s a massive deal but itā€™s selling papers and sparking debate. So job done on the Telegraphā€™s part.

Fat Sam really is a bellend for throwing away this opportunity isnt he. Heā€™s been an average manager all his life and he gets a high profile job like this. Heā€™s crying into his chips n gravy at night

Heā€™s made a career from saving relegation fodder. Now heā€™s finally made it big and is the salvation the England side has been waiting for, yet finds himself cast among the wolvesā€¦

Iā€™m not comparing him to Nolanā€™s Batman, but he totally is.

[quote=ā€œCastiel, post:177, topic:359ā€]
yet finds himself cast among the wolvesā€¦
[/quote]Well, he is from the Black country after all

I dunno tbh im just pissed and fancied slagging him off tbh

For the record I donā€™t actually think Fat Sam is Batman.