Sam Lollardyce

His views were strange, to say the least, and insulting.
But it was the fact that he was being ridiculed by members of the England squad, and had started to lose credibility.

Some of the things Hoddle said he should have been kept to himself.

If he thought there was nothing wrong with his outdated views, then he is even more stupid than I thought.

I don’t know if what is happening is right or wrong as I am too lazy to bother checking what he said.
However, I am enjoying his sack.
the fact cunt.

9 Likes

Doesn’t matter if they are vastly different if you believe that people can be excused for things they say if it’s due to their religious beliefs. That’s why they work as examples.

Fair enough though if that’s how you view it, we disagree on that but that’s fine. I just can’t understand why people think religious beliefs deserve to be granted a special status over any other kind of belief. Your post implies (or at least I inferred from it) that if it wasn’t a religious belief it wouldn’t necessarily be excusable, and I just don’t get that.

2 Likes

I think the issue is that Hoddle never should have expressed his belief publicly in the manner he did. For example, if Hoddle were a devout Christian and he believed homosexuals would inevitably burn in hell for their acts then that’s a belief that he is more than entitled to hold but certainly not entitled to express to the British public.

If Hoddle believes that disabled people are being punished for their sins in a prior life then he can hold that belief. It’s his own right. But to express it publicly would almost certainly upset a lot of people and that’s why he deserved to be removed from his position as England manager.

Great player. Average manager. Shit pundit.

2 Likes

It wasn’t even a religious belief. You might call it spiritual. Or even philosophical.

So I give him no special dispensation because I think it was religious.

1 Like

What ever he believes, it is absolute nonsense.

But to say them in public shows a lack of respect to other people and complete stupidity, on his part.

How did he think saying what he did was right?

1 Like

If I worked for PwC and clients were giving me money to tell them how to exploit PwC’s own rules against them, I’d be getting fired too.

I don’t really care if this is entrapment or not, because at the end of the day he’s proven that this is the kind of thing he is well up for, and if the people contacting had been real he’d now be getting paid serious money to help them subvert the rules and regulations of the game.

He’s not sorry he did this, he’s sorry he got caught. Sacking him is the only right thing to do. No sympathy I’m afraid.

4 Likes

I’m not sure Glenn Hoddle used religious views to condone anything. Actually, from what I can remember he simply made a philosophical statement. I think he was fired unjustly.

On Big Sam - and this isn’t directed to you, @JakeyBoy - I think it was the correct decision for him to lose his job. Seeking big money to advise people on how to break FA rules, when you’re an England manager and therefore an FA figurehead is not justifiable, doesn’t matter how common it is.

1 Like

How many philosiphers belive in reincarnation or paying for sins of a past life that arnt religious? those beliefs stem from their religious beliefs not there philosophical reasoning

3 Likes

I went off Jules saying it was theological, and then an article that said it was informed by his status as a born again Christian. Whether it was philosophical or religious makes no odds to me or my view of it.

The so called investigation has revealed nothing so far but the hearsay boastings of a few dodgy agents and some stupid admissions of what goes on in football from the inebriated walrus sam grabaslice . not exactly the smoking gun is it .

Sure, it’s a religious / theological view. I called it philosophical because it’s an explanation for explaining a facet of existence. Thomas Huxley believed in rebirth :slight_smile:

Anyway, Hoddle expressed his view in a typically dogmatic and unhelpful way, and I can see why some would find it offensive. But essentially all he said was sin leads to personal suffering, and he chose to add on a stupid example about disability, but one would imagine he could have selected anything as his example. It’s no different than saying you believe in Heaven…which by extension usually includes a believe in hell, which also by extension means suffering for people.

Big difference with Fat Sam is he was stung trying to break the law. Can’t really apologise your way out of that, but a poorly formed viewpoint can usually be sidestepped with a sincere apology. If you don’t want a moron for a manager, don’t hire a born again Christian lol, we all know their views.

2 Likes

It’s enough to go looking for more. Which they won’t of course. They’ve fired him and the story will die off once they’ve finished their revelations.

1 Like

Well the other 3 names listed are underwhelming to say the least

From what ive seen of the JFH one i cant really see what he has done wrong

I am surprised they didnt do 3 of the premiership managers that are allegedly involved

The problem here is, like you say, he chose to say it.
It wasn’t an off the cuff remark, he actually believed it.

I would question his sanity if this is the sort of thing he goes around saying.

I don’t like Hoddle or Allardyce, and Allardyce might well be a moron, but if the criteria for being a professional footballer or manager was to not be a moron, then that would exclude a large percentage of the population.

I actually think that Hoddle is the moron, not only for having those offensive beliefs, but then to express them to other people.
It would seem that kindness and forgiveness doesn’t enter in to what he believes in.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/bfc_official/status/781464634670845952

Barnsley have sacked their assistant manager

Hoddle’s belief doesn’t necessarily lack kindness or forgiveness, but expressing it in such a simpleton way, perhaps suggests that he personally lacks those qualities.

Actually where I do have sympathy for Big Sam, is in the hypocrisy of the Telegraph. Nothing wrong with doing a bit of investigative journalism, that’s all well and good, but that paper is one of the biggest champions or defenders of societal structures where corruption is mind-blowingly huge, and yet decided to sting small fry, inconsequential, working class, Fat Sam. He deserves to be fired, but exposed by the fucking Telegraph lol, it’s like a Medieval land baron poking a toothless East End Victorian prossy with a stick for laughs.

1 Like

I agree.
But newspapers are owned by the sort of people that have made their money from corruption, dodgy investments etc, or the families they were born to, so hypocrisy means nothing to them.
Allardyce is the tip of the iceberg, so there will be a lot more high profile people in football to be exposed as being corrupt.

1 Like