Sam Lollardyce

Once this has all settled down, I think people are going to look at this situation and realise Allardyce has been unfairly treated.

There isn’t a single manager that has never said anything stupid like that, but he was caught out by some unscrupulous journalists who are nothing more than vermin.

I don’t like Allardyce that much, but this was a honey trap, and it could have been any manager or player that said something like this.

A honey trap that he walked into with both his agent and financial advisor?

Not only that but his agent suspected something wasn’t right after the 1st meeting and warned him off the 2nd, however, he ignored him and went anyway which is where he said the stuff that ultimately got him the sack.

There wasn’t any unfair treatment, he deserves what we got, no sympathy from me.

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/telegraph/status/781229497219682304

8 premier league managers still to be named apparently, 2 ex international managers

How many weeks will they be rolling this out for I wonder.

The 3 named so far are pretty underwhelming, hopefully they are saving the best till last and Jose gets exposed but it’l probably be a load of ex premier league managers or something crap like that

Harry redknapp 100% will be one of them

2 Likes

I think if jose was involved it would have been the first name to come out as it be a bigger story the fat sam is.

I reckon he won’t.

1 Like

Would love Mourinho to be implicated !!

Guess it’s time to rename Hasslebaink as Ha$$l£baink.

Always something dodgy about QPR, can’t ever seem to stay out of the headlines.

1 Like

True, we all know he’s not a wheeler dealer

Without a doubt but I’m not sure there even is such a thing as journalistic integrity in this day and age.

I think he’s been dealt a ridiculous raw deal but at the same time it’s still funny as fuck and his hubris got the better of him.

This is not one of those cases. Journalists should exactly do things like this, expose corruption and foul play in systems of power. We have far too little of that these days with big media corporations basically preventing a challenge to power.
Sam Allardyce is a millionaire who sought to enrich himself further through corruption. It is very good he doesn’t get the chance to do that anymore.

6 Likes

You’re entitled to your opinion and I’m sure the majority out there will agree with you but I believe this was simply journalistic entrapment. Yes he’s guilty of being a complete idiot but the FA shouldn’t have these loopholes in their system to begin with.

If you think big Sam is some mastermind of corruption within the system I have to disagree, he genuinely doesn’t strike me as having the capacity to be so clever.

He got played by being sleazy/greedy/unethical but that’s no more than what the journalists did to him.

2 Likes

I don’t think you should be punished if you hold a theological view that may or may not be unpalatable.

3 Likes

Well I guess we differ there, I see no reason why religion should be afforded any special treatment, any reason why hateful and discriminatory messages are acceptable because you got them from your religion but they aren’t ok if you came up with them off the top of your own head. I see no more reason why he should be excused for saying those things because it’s a religious view than if he’d said it due his political beliefs, because he was a fascist for example.

Religion has been used to justify all sorts of bigotry and hatefulness.

I suppose you’d think it’s ok if the England manager used Christian scripture to justify slavery or homophobia?

Also, it’s not because he held those beliefs, it’s because he aired them in the national press. It wasnt about thought crime, it’s about his actions.

5 Likes

Given that the “loopholes” essentially involves secret payments what exactly is it you think the FA could do to prevent them?

1 Like

It wouldn’t bother me at all. Although I would also argue that those two things are vastly different from what Hoddle believes.