Rogue One: A Star Wars Story also known as Dark Forces The Movie

The celebration trailer

2 Likes

Yassssssss!! That alien guy shooting the big gun and laughing/barking is a Bothan. Theyā€™ve always talked about them gettikg information on the Death Star but theyā€™ve never had them on the screen!! Sweet to finally see them imagined on screen. Fuck Iā€™m almost more excited for this than for Episode 8. Thank you Disney for making a Star Wars fan boy like me happy every year with a new Star Wars movie. Take all my money please :gunnersaurus:

Sigh. I canā€™t help feeling a big ā€˜mehā€™ about Star Wars these days. And itā€™s all Disneys fault and the introduction of Jar Jar Binks 15 years ago. Same as in Pirates of the Carribean (which had the promise of a good series of films), where Disney also took their family-oriented ideas a notch too far. Star Wars is becoming the new Stargate, with equally bad acting and effects, regardless of budget.

Rant over. :smiley:

Canā€™t wait for this

1 Like

Hahahahahaha did you watch the original star wars?!

Thatā€™s some of the worst acting Iā€™ve ever seen in a film that popular! Han Solo was just Harrison Ford in Space. Not to mention how terrible Mark Hamil and Carrie Fisher were.

The rose-tinted glasses some people have on about the original trilogy (Iā€™m looking at you @g4e ) is some next level shit, guys.

If the original trilogy was released today, it would be laughed out of cinemas with its awful acting, terrible dialogue and all of its plotholes.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I really really like the original trilogy, I think theyā€™re awesome, they did a lot of things right, but they are not the cinematic masterpieces that its fans think they are.

3 Likes

The critics would disagree with you. Ep 4 and 5 are routinely in the top 100 movies made list for major critics. Episode 6 not so much, but I still liked it. And how dare you talk about the acting, Sir Alec Guinness would be rolling in his grave if he heard that!! :bellerin:

1 Like

Hold on to your undies! Appearently you are judging this in todayā€™s light, which isnā€™t that fair. Just like Arsenal (and most other teams too) played horrible football 30 years ago compared to todayā€™s.
Iā€™m not suggesting that the acting in Star Wars 4-6 was fantastic though, far from it and Iā€™m no science fiction geek. But I do believe itā€™s more easy to be ā€˜goodā€™ at acting nowadays, when you have numerous retakes, the green screen and an unlimited budget. Yet they fail. Take Liam Neesons acting for example, a well respected actor (15 years ago atleast) who was awful, just awful in Star Wars.
I wish Lucas would just bury and end it sooner then later. Not continuing milking this franchise.

Cristo hating on Star Wars on the internet, thatā€™s nearly as bad as speaking ill about The Wire.

By the way Star Wars was the movie that really catapulted sci-fi to what it is today, so also in that aspect it was revolutionary. Plus special effects like that had never been seen before, so good point @Ocke

A cheap attempt to get me to post on this ā€œforumā€ :unamused:

:confused:

Not strictly true mate. 2001 a space odyssey? say what you like about the story, but for the 60ā€™s the SPFX were truly ground breaking and still stand up today.

Alright enough already for fucks sake. Change your tune or donā€™t post at all. Sick of this shit.

I was being sarcastic B1nk.

1 Like

Iā€™m not saying it was the first, Iā€™m saying it was such a huge hit that it popularized the genre. Almost 500m in 1979 was insane box office. Adjusted for inflation it would have been 2nd only behind gone with the wind.

1 Like

if it wasnā€™t for the success of star wars we would never have gotten empire strikers back which means lucas wouldnā€™t have set up Lucasarts so that he could do all his own special effects cheaper since he was getting asked for insane amount off money. and without lucas arts we wouldnā€™t have the great speciel effects off jurrasic park and we wouldnā€™t have Pixar either.

1 Like

I am worried about this film. Itā€™s the last chance to bring Darth Vader back to the big screen and if they donā€™t do it right they wouldā€™ve missed a great opportunity

There is going to be a Boba Fett movie as well as a Han Solo origin movie so I have a feeling weā€™ll be seeing a lot of Darth.

Please God no.

2 Likes

Yeah I donā€™t think itā€™s good for the franchise to flood the market with all these movies but for star wars fan boys like myself itā€™s awesome. Basically from here on out thereā€™s going to be one star wars movie per year. This winter itā€™s rogue one, next year Ep 8, the year after Han Solo, and so on.

Yeah but they are all going to be turd.