Robin van Persie

Not sure why his other thread was locked but anyway.
Van Persie pleading for forgiveness strikes again:

Seems very disingenuous to me. He had a lot of time to reveal the truth but this to me sounds to me like he figured out a way to twist the story to fit his agenda as he joins the TV world.

Why lie. I mean what do you think this agenda of his is, that he was actually offered a new contract but he left for money?

Why does he think the world is gullible?

Who provides contract to the person who publicly declared that there won’t be any contract extention from his side?

its van not Van

Someone fix it as its really annoying me :joy:

2 Likes

you mean he set criteria the club wouldn’t agree on so they never got to the point of offering him a contract and now he is trying to make it sound like they plain didn’t want him at the club?

1 Like

Don’t think he’s lying. But the way he is delivering it sounds like something perfectly twisted to fit his needs.

“Arsenal didn’t offer me a contract” - I assume there were contract talks, did he at any point show any willingness to sign?
“I had seven points where I thought #Arsenal could improve. It doesn’t really matter what points they are, what matters is that Ivan decided that he didn’t agree with one single point of those seven points – which is fair enough” - now can you reveal those points?

It just sounds like a story sticked up together to make him look good.

ah yeah. maybe.

Merged now, and reopened the original thread.

What happens is the thread gets opened, people have the same argument they had two/three/five/eight years ago, it gets boring real quick, the thread gets closed.

So basically, enjoy the thread being temporarily reopened :arteta:

4 Likes

I mean if you publicly declare that you won’t be signing a contract after you refuse to negotiate for the whole season, do you think the club would offer a contract?

The intention of not signing the contract was made clear by Robin, after that why would the club want to offer him a contract?

Edit - reread your post, yeah in a way

1 Like

Yea that’s pretty much the case, we wanted to keep him, he wanted out and said he wouldn’t be signing another contract and publically said as much in his letter.

Him saying he left because he wasn’t offered a contract is nonsense and he’s saying as much because he knew he’d be seen as snake for joining a bitter rival so he’s decided to take the fans as gullible idiot and pretend it wasn’t all his idea.

Really he should of joined City. Not a major historic rival and a club that was on the up. He’d have won more titles and not have been frozen out because of the Rooney conflict.

3 Likes

I feel like this is the first I’m hearing of this.

1 Like

yeah probably. I think they negotiated prior and ended up in such a way that we lost him and to a rival but we got some money for him.

But I think we should still remember that in the end he left for the same reason Henry and Cesc left us, it was just different backgrounds and handled better or worse. But it was still all down to the same shite plan, to buy a stadium and be self-sustained while paying it off for 8 years banking everything on Wenger continuing to get results after investments were cut off while our squad, reputation and pulling power slowly deteriorated.

To use metaphors, now we’re stranded and on a desert walk lol a league paused with us in 9th, 42 points behind the league leaders with 10 games to go :upside_down_face: but no matter how I look at it, while Henry, Cesc and RvP all jumped ship more or less elegantly we did kind of indirectly make them all walk the plank anyway imo so we have ourselves to blame as well.

Same, but it sounds good. (Almost like Rooney might berate him in a sensational tell-all biography)

2 Likes

He seems to be fixated on the “I was never offered a deal” argument.

Well if you have clearly specified your demands and are aware those demands are not going to be met, why the fuck would we put together a deal that would just be rejected immediately?

RvP: I want us to bring in a world class defender, a world class midfielder and a world class winger. You need to spend £100m to get these players.
Club / Arsene: We are not going to spend that much money in this transfer window. With all due respect, we make those decisions and not you.
RvP: Well there’s no way I can see this working out. We disagree on the direction of the club.

11 Likes

Fuck this guy.

Out of Cesc, that dutch guy and Nasri, who would have thought Nasri would come out looking the best? He played (captained) a cup match right before leaving and was pretty clear that it was because of the money. No posturing, no open letter, no whining about DNA, just cold hard cash.

6 Likes

I echo this.

I can’t believe that, over time, feelings towards this cunt (and to a lesser extent Fabregas the weasel) have thawed.

If you leave Arsenal acrimoniously, we never forget. We’re Arsenal- f*** you.

1 Like

Probably because he’s just changed his employer from one to another.

People get over it eventually.

Who can be bothered to still dislike players who left nearly a decade ago.

1 Like

Or, maybe, us fans don’t need to act like babies because Cesc and van Persie did what they did :laughing:. At the end of the day they all had the same motives.