Riyad Mahrez

I feel like motivation is more of an issue for him. If he’s motivated then he’s a consistent performer whereas if, like last season, the motivation isn’t there - then he’s useless.

I think playing for Arsenal alone in a better squad, a bigger club, bigger stadium and actually challenging for honked (the FA Cup) would be enough to motivate him to perform.

4 Likes

I gave you a like purely for the “honked” mate :+1:t2:

We did chase Mkhitaryan last year didn’t we? Whether Sanchez stays or goes I think someone like Mahrez would take the same role in the squad that Micky would have, so this would be a nice addition.

1 Like

I think this will be a straight replacement for when Sanchez goes, because we still need a Cazorla replacement as well, so I can’t see Mahrez coming here unless Sanchez leaves.

We’ve needed another high class wide player for yonks - I hope Mahrez comes in regardless.

https://twitter.com/richardajkeys/status/881898523763015682

Richard Keys ex Sky presenter

1 Like

I’d actually be more excited for Mahrez than Laca if I’m being honest. He’s fucking dynamite on his day.

2 Likes

lol looks like he is doing an irish jig!

He has some insane tekkers no question… all about how he fits in and how hard he works. He was an absolutely incredible player year before last - shouldn’t forget that.

https://twitter.com/Flip_Flop_Flyer/status/881978577037795328

28Mil! :giroud:

1 Like

Why u removing your post, mate :laughing:? @Titou14

Apparantly that guy is followed by multiple journalists. Usually that’s a sign of an informed individual. Not too say this is true.

If Alexis stayed and we bought Mahrez do you think we would go back to the old 4-2-3-1?

Donkeys are flying over you…

Lacazette
Alexis Ozil Mahrez
Xhaka Ramsey

Would be a very tasty team. I’d rather take a punt and hold alexis to his contract then see him go and almost guarantee a nothing season. Always wanted to know how we’d have done if we held onto RVP that last season.

5 Likes

No chance to keep Lacazette, Alexis, Mahrez, Walcott, Welbeck and Giroud.

C’mon guys, Alexis will leave.

We’ve a back three tactic to preserve. On attack, if this rumors is true, we will play with Mesut, Mahrez (some doubt about the rumors because he is a left foot player as many players in our team and tends to play on the right) and Alexandre Lacazette. Giroud will be a great backup option or our main striker to replay the France attacking system with a small striker near him and a trequartista behind them.

Giroud seems almost certain to go at this point?

1 Like

I remember watching this game and wishing we had Mahrez instead of the likes of Walcott. He is ridiculously gifted.

1 Like

He is not going anywhere. If anyone wants to take him they’ll need to take me with him!

3 Likes

Honestly, I’m much worried to not have a plan B on the bench than to lose Sànchez.

Let’s just bring our football back first to a proper level before we get mad about a lack of a plan B. If our plan A is better, the need for a plan B will diminish a little anyway.

8 Likes