Riyad Mahrez

Who gives a fuck! Just get him :wink:

Would rather give iwobi a chance than sign this fraud

It’s not either or though. We also massively overplayed Iwobi this year and he just isn’t enough of a talent to justify being first choice yet, he’s not a Fabregas.

4 Likes

C’mon! He was clearly demotivated last season. Give him a fresh start with us :wink:

100% want us to sign a few forwards this summer especially if Sanchez goes, not marez though, didn’t want him last summer either

Got to love the click bait on this one.

Short headline: “Arsenal on verge of beating Barcelona to £50m star, he’ll sign a 4-year deal”

Actual headline: “Arsenal close in on Riyad Mahrez transfer as Leicester City ace gives up on Barcelona deal”

4 Likes

If any article uses the words “ace” or “hitman” they’re full of shit.

I have a feeling he’ll be our Mertesacker. Last choice and late in the window if other moves don’t happen.

7 Likes

Late good move :wink:

Out of curiosity why not last summer?

Because he isn’t that good, same reason I didn’t want vardy even though he also had a good season that year

Mahrez is rather underwhelming. Not the stature of signing that we should be looking at tbh

3 Likes

Yeah fair enough. I suppose it’s all a little Ramsey 13/14 with Mahrez, Vardy et al.

My exact words last summer were he is the next Michu if I remember correctly

Fucking hell i forgot about Michu. What ever happened to him? Vaguely remember his goal against Chelsea, iirc an Ivanovic fuck up? Good times.

Basically got injured and then never really got back up to speed.

Had a shit loan at Napoli and now I think he’s in the Spanish championship.

To be fair to Mahrez, he was a lot better than Michu.

Mahrez was the key player in a team that won the title, and was the best player in the PL.

Michu was the best player at a mid table club that wasn’t challenging for anything, other than avoiding relegation.

Mahrez might not be world class but if we are looking to replace Sanchez, we aren’t going to attract anyone much better than him, especially without CL football.

If we could get him, as well as Mbappe or Lacazette and Lemar, it wouldn’t be the worst window we have had.

1 Like

Comparing Mahrez to Michu is pretty funny, farthest thing from.

Even if he doesn’t ever reach the heights of the title winning season again he’s pissed all over Michu’s career.

6 Likes

Having one good season and our fan base demanding we sign him but then him going on to do nothing else for the rest of his career was the comparison I was making

Michu wasn’t a similar style of player but they will have similar careers was the point I was making

Wasn’t a good season it was an incredible one, it’s certainly possible that he fades into obscurity like Michu but I doubt it tbh.

Watching Mahrez in that season he was no fluke.

2 Likes

Michu was outstanding for Swansea that 1 season imo