Riyad Mahrez

you only have to see what other similar players go for

Sterling £50 million? not saying we’d get that but £35 million+ would be reasonable starting point for a ‘homegrown’ player with seemingly massive ‘potential’

I don’t think it was any coincidence that we were playing particularly poorly in late October / November when Iwobi was starting. Don’t rate him, don’t expect him to improve much and don’t expect him to be a starter.

Sell him and Jack, get £50-£60 million for the pair and get a top player who’ll start most games

not very difficult to imagine - difficult to do, I know

reality is we’ll keep the dross like Walcott, Ox, Ramsey, Iwobi, Perez, Gabrial, Elnenny and not buy any world class players in all probability

I think he’s shit and dont call me fucking stupid, alright

fuck you

I didn’t call you stupid. I said what you said just then was stupid.

But righteo.

Things getting a little heated in the Mahrez thread :eyes:

1 Like

We should just run down their contracts imo and invest in some youngsters. Like @Craigie said in another thread I don’t think it’s worth it to recoup ~80 million pounds for them and get weaker in the process. Because we’re not going to find players of equal quality in the market.

1 Like

Lol. You’re a grown man you know.

2 Likes

Why can’t we get them to sign extensions with a buyout clause trigger ? That if a club abroad offers and they want to go they can…

It would probably be hard to convince them that that would be better for them compared to their current situation of having only a year to go on their contracts, because right now they hold all of the power.

Yeah I was just thinking of options that’s all, that would suit us a lot better and still give them the get out option if things went pear shaped.

1 Like

Needed

Welcome to the Arsenal! :stuck_out_tongue:

If it weakens the snakes and annoys their snakey slithery slimy fanbase then I’m all for it. Also he’s good at doing football

One of the most important things about this transfer is that it would give us a bit of leverage with Alexis and Ozil and would mean we aren’t completely being held hostage by them. We all know what Mahrez is capable of and I have no doubt he would take to the role behind the striker like a duck to water.

Just get it done for a reasonable £30+ mil and get to work thinking about what world class striker are available.

6 Likes

I don’t really see them fall for that. If anything their agents can say in that case; you got our successor, now let us leave :wink:.

So if we don’t get him at least Wenger can say “we tried” before he says, “he didn’t meet with our valuation.”

I would have thought 45m for a player as good as he is and at his age, was about right.

I wish Wenger would start to realise that the price for a player is by the seller, not him.

1 Like

My favourite assist from him in their title season. Inch perfect for Vardy to latch on to. Not to mention his turn as well.

I don’t think he’s worth €45m when you consider City signed Bernardo Silva for around the same figure so I can understand both clubs alleged hesitations to spend €45m on someone who seems inconsistent and has only so far produced one season of high level football in a season where everyone in the squad produced high level football.

2 Likes

It’s called negotiations, he’s put in a transfer request for this very reason. No club is paying 45m for him after this season, maybe if he’d equalled last seasons performance then yes but he hasn’t. Especially as if Sanchez goes we’re not looking at much more than for a far more proven player. He’ll eventually be sold for around 30-35m. As it is I’m not sure we shouldn’t be going for other players for that type of money. There’s Dolberg, Forsberg, Lacazette, Boudebouz and Lemar on the market and probably one of James and/or Isco. And Turan looks available.

Having said that I’d love to have Mahrez here, I think he’d suit the type of football we want to play BUT not necessarily above some of the other players I’ve mentioned. I’m a Forsberg fanboy until he moves to one of our rivals.

I honestly hope we don’t sign him. If this last season is anything to go by, it’d be foolish to sign him.

He can’t beat his man, his pace is questionable, as is his commitment.