Riyad Mahrez

Not sure about him tbh. We’ve had a lot of his kind for ages. The type who makes us look ridiculously good when the football is flowing but the first to go missing when everything turns to shit. Can just imagine everyone laying into him mid Feb when for some reason the team look like they’ve never met each other before and we’re looking dire.

4 Likes

Seems a reasonable senior to jump ahead of Iwobi.

Alexis (Welbeck)
Mahrez (Iwobi) Ozil (Ramshere)

Alexis
Welbeck Ozil Mahrez

I wouldn’t be unhappy with any of these setups.

He’s flawed but everyone is in some way. If Wenger’s here we’ll bottle it anyway so might as well take some fun football flavoured bottling.

1 Like

But whhhhy? We’re adorable :santi:

1 Like

He’d be fantastic in either spot behind the striker. Alexis is probably off but Mahrez and Ozil linking up would play some sublime stuff

Our fans are the worst that’s why.

2 Likes

Doesn’t he want CL football?

We aren’t going to sign anyone of note. Maybe someone from Sevilla or one of the Eastern Euro teams… Mahrez is Man City/Chelski bound or someone with equally deep pockets and a much more realistic chance of winning the league and CL. Hope I’m wrong.

There was a big blow out between some online fans last summer, foxestalk got really hostile toward anything Arsenal related after we we’re heavily linked with Vardy and then subsequently Mahrez.

It was nice for them to have their moment, but this summer their transfer concerns will fall on deaf ears as they are no longer relevant. Thank fuck for that.

5 Likes

I’m going to guess not as much as he wants £150000 a week.

2 Likes

I don’t think he starts for either

2 Likes

Leicester have not yet received any offers for the Algeria winger but it is understood that Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who is set to stay at the helm for two more years, is a Mahrez admirer.

Sky Sports

1 Like

He doesn’t strike me as a City or Chelsea player.

Monaco might be an option though, considering they look like they’re losing their entire core.

Could potentially be a replacement for Ox if he decides to leave. Not sure what his intentions are right now however, there were rumblings of a move away. Would take like a duck to water, especially in the 343 and giving us some potential goal threat too.

15/16 Mahrez got 17G 10A in the PL.

And I personally don’t think that’s a fluke. Which is why I think he’ll go to a big team… or, forgive me for saying it, the Scum.

Why sign a four year deal with no RC last year? Don’t want to pay more than he’s reasonably worth

In the new system we don’t need to make a splash for him. Better spend those millions on a striker. But that is if we keep playing 3-4-3.

I think he’s still a 30-40m player in terms of what Leicester might be looking for. I don’t think they’ll hold out for too much because they have a gentlemans agreement to let him go and they must surely know his value isn’t as high as it was last year.

3 Likes

Sad to even ask this, but what do you think a £30-40m player even means in this day and age?

Swings and roundabouts and all that, maybe hes the premier league winner we need, equally he could be Ramsey 2.0 and be an almighty pain in the arse than we flip flop over. :smile:

Though i guess ever signing has an element of that risk.

Is it telling that in his transfer request he doesn’t once mention the Champion’s League? Also take with a large pinch of salt

1 Like

Yeah I don’t see him fetching more than that. Strikes me as £35m would do the trick.