Riyad Mahrez

Wiltord i’d say no but good call on Henry :slight_smile:

I’d have to disagree…he had 1 20 goal+ season pre joining us, and had just scored the winning goal in Euro 2000 and was mostly used as a striker pre joining us

1 Like

That’s a reasonable stance. I am perhaps being conflicted by the fact he was bought as a squad player rather than a first teamer. He’s closer than the rest certainly…

I think to have understood what @AbouCuellar is trying to say.

Arsenal need a striker and promising strikers like Janssen there were on the market for a right price to be bought.

Probably Arsene thought about the famous story of the bird. What is better, a bird in the hand or two in the bush?

Janssen isn’t better than Lacazette, Higuain or other top strikers but is better than nothing.

Today is the 17th of August and we don’t know if a striker will sign. In this case, remembering this Summer, the dutchman would be a good signing.

1 Like

Who is this Janssen?

Just to say, since the way football is going bow is terrible imo, i decided to start paying more attention to my local team and going to their games.

Despite them being in the Scottish 2nd tier, I had more fun following them last season than I did Arsenal. Because I could feel they were actually trying to win. Not just going through the motions and plodding along making sure revenue isn’t affected while still cashing in on the brand.

In short, it was more fun because I was watching a football club and not a corporation.

Props for the thread title btw.

4 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i-4h9vmIJQ

What’s so great about Jansen?

I hate you right now. None of what AC was saying has anythign to do with fucking Jannsen specifically.

1 Like

The not Riyad Mahrez but kinda Vincent Janssen thread.

1 Like

Wiltord’s only crime was not being as good as Henry & Bergkamp up front…He would have walked into most other teams front line at that time

1 Like

He was only used as an example, but for some reason a poster couldn’t let go of him and had to mention him twelve times an hour to prove a point he never actually had to make.

3 Likes

Ah okay. Didn’t read through completely.
On surface it seemed like a big debate on how we missed out on Janssen

The rest of my post recognises that I would say. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its about to get ridiculous in here…

At least we didn’t actually bid for this guy I guess. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What the actual fuck?

Dont think we were ever in for him, not once has there been real evidence we really even bid. I think we need a Striker and CB more than a Right Winger. Wenger probably is going to give Gnabry a chance there…has looked quite good at the olympics and even Ozil rates him.

1 Like

well well

1 Like

Haha. :wenger:

Well done Leicester! 2 most important players of last season signed up to remain with the project.

Kante left but ya can’t please everyone.