Riyad Mahrez

Wenger first choice was Jamie Vardy ffs, it’s not like he was planning to make this huge signing at striker, his original plan was a marginal upgrade at best.

2 Likes

You see Ox lately? Savage af. No need for Mahrez once Ox is in the starting xi he’ll carry us to glory, well of course with Theo at CF.

I don’t mind Welbz but lets be real… how many times has he scored 10 league goals in a season ?

1 Like

Name another set of supporters that would want there manager sacked after 2 cups and a 2nd place finish in the past 3 years

Why set the mark in the last 3 years? What about the previous 7?

Most football fans would kill to just get one good cup run in their intire football supporting career

Unless your lucky enough for your local team to be top team that consistently wins stuff chances are you will never see you team win anything at all

99% of football fans support a team that will ever win a thing

1 Like

Yeah Arsenal fans generally have it good tbh, not perfect but definitely better than most other supporters.

Are you just perennially happy with your lot? Do you not try to get a better job? A better car? A nicer house?

I don’t care about those other clubs, I care about this one and I see season after season that we dont do everything that we can to achieve our best.

I watch my local team Shamrock Rovers who have been through three full time managers since our Europa League run (the guy who got us there left to manage Northern Ireland) because we are trying to do the best we can. I don’t think it unreasonable to expect the same of a club with more than a hundred times the budget.

2 Likes

If my lot is actually pretty decent, and fucking amazing in comparison to what most others have I won’t sit there pulling my hair out because it could be slightly better no

It’s true most supporters don’t get to see the
their clubs win trophies but as long as they see them do their best with the resources they have their disposal, they are happy.

If you are happy with our club doing the best they can with their resources that’s fine, personally I think we should be doing a lot better.

1 Like

Most football fans understand that their club runs at its limit. If they have money in the bank, that’s spent on improving the club. Bournemouth fans know they are a poor club, with a small ground, and a Championship squad, but the squad on the whole tries its best relative to its ability, and the club try their best within these limits. Under these limits, a cup run is an unexpected gift and the fans can’t really be unhappy with anything over 18th place.

Arsenal are unlike nearly every other club in this country, in that we are nowhere near our limits. We have more actual cash than the rest of the league combined, but no other club would ever consider just sitting on it year after year. We have a coach who consistently fails to get the best of his players, yet like no other club, his job is 100%. Under these parameters, a cup run should be expected, yet we’ve done nothing of note in Europe for a decade and for every FA cup of the last 8 years that we’ve won theres been 2 or 3 that we’ve absolutely thrown away in stupid circumstances.

And celebrating second place in 2016 is like Celebrating second place in the 100m as the 4th best runner after the top 3 all can’t compete because of food poisoning. And still as the 4th best runner, you couldn’t even beat the 8th best runner…

5 Likes

You haven’t answered my question. Do you not strive to improve your lot? Do you just stagnate in life completely? I try to improve things for myself, i want my football club to do the same.

Who’s celibrating it? I’m saying its crazy to say “what other set of supporters would stand for it if there club was like Arsenal” or something to that effect

My point is 99% of football fans would kill for there club to be like Arsenal

1 Like

We have plenty of “pretty good” players, what we have been waiting so long for is a world class one.

I can’t believe you are still defending his transfer policy.

Welbeck and Elneny are squad players and we had waited since we have been at the Emirates for a decent GK.

We have needed a quality striker, CB and winger for ages, and guess what? we’re still waiting.

You couldn’t get much better than what I have in my personal life at the moment, I wouldn’t rock the boat trying to improve it at the moment

And anyway, after 7 years of 4th place 2 fa cups and a second place finish in 3 years isn’t improvement?

Of course it’s improvement. It’s just not all it could be.

And good for you on the personal life but you’d never have got there if you simply accepted things as they were a few years ago and didn’t try to improve them. (unless you just won the lotto, then you’re a cock :smiley:)

It always makes me laugh when people try to use last seasons 2nd place finish as progress. We finished 10 points behind a team we beat twice, got knocked out of the Champions League at the same spot as we have for years now and pipped our local rivals to second place because they had a spectacular late collapse.

2 Likes

It was pure luck and chances are it won’t last, nothing to do with me working hard haha

Maybe to start with, but if other fans had Arsenal, other fans would also be disillusioned with what’s happening right now so I’d swap being an Arsenal fan for being a fan happy with their club, even if they had lower goals

It’s not like Arsenal fans are some foreign breed, subject any set of fans to the last 10 years of Arsenal and all of them would want their manager to go and money we have to be invested somewhere. Even pundits and other fans have the same opinions which they don’t really share about other clubs. Everyone can see what’s wrong again and again.

As I said, for a club where the FA cup and top 4 is unrealistic despite them trying their best, those things are an amazing gift. For a club with the ability to compete but not the desire (I’m including the players on the pitch letting us down as well as the board) then being just behind the rest of the pack will always be a disappointment.

Please don’t forget we had years of being the poorest of the big clubs but we didn’t really complain and most of us supported the manager throughout because we knew we were operating under limitations and we accepted that, it’s really only in the last few years despite our relative success with two cups that many of us have really given up on Wenger and the board.

3 Likes

I don’t really agree with comparing our situation to other clubs. Of course a team like Bournemouth or or Sunderland would be in heaven if they finished in the positions we do. We’re a much bigger club, with money to spend and improvements to be made. Just like every other club our situation is unique, we’re not Manchester United and we are not Hull.

It’s so obvious we need strengthening to be title contenders, and it’s so obvious we have the money to do that. I think it’s perfectly legitimate of fans to expect more from the board and manager in this situation.

2 Likes