Project British core, a failed experiment

Walcott has had “genuine potential” for 10 years

Gibbs is a solid option at left back for now, no worries there.

Chambo just turns up when he wants, not good enough at the moment.

Ramsey solid squad player. If he wants first team football he can get his agent to look elsewhere.

Wilshere should be judged after his loan spell. If he can stay fit all season whilst playing, theres no reason why he cannot come back into the squad. Possibly to replace a departing Ramsey.

Jenkinson isn’t good enough for us unfortunately.

Walcott has had one of his best starts to a season. Needs to continue doing the same.

Say what you want but he’s been in banging in goals and assists for years when the system has found him in space. That is crucial whether people want to admit it or not. Ever since he was a youngster he has offered that threat consistently and has maintained a respectable output despite all his flaws as a player. His pace is just not common, it’s frankly an anomaly compared to most players at this level and it’s stone cold proven to be a real threat against any team when we as a team can split open the opposition. What proves effective is real potential, not just tactical awareness and technical/dribbling ability. No one else on that list has been as influential as Walcott.

2 Likes

If I’m being brutally honest I think the majority of them are just/ have been overrated, I’d say Wilshere had the highest ceiling but obviously he’s had a nightmare run with his body. Experiment has failed without a shadow of a doubt.

1 Like