Premier League Clubs losing money?

Where does he say we’re in trouble? Just that we can’t keep up which our ‘rivals’. Which isn’t farfetched at all. Our revenue increases have been pretty small which isn’t beneficial for spending power compared to Chelsea, City and United.

English gonna english for their overrated pricks :laca:

The bubble has to burst eventually. I just can’t see how Sky and BT will make much money off the current deal let alone paying even more next time round.

1 Like

What you’ll see is ‘new media’ like Twitter/Facebook/Netflix/Amazon getting TV rights. This has already started with the NFL.

1 Like

Pretty sure they will always make shit loads for selling advertising

Even people watching on streams are still watching live and see the adverts

I think it’s obvious that Sky in particular are already starting to see the market has changed and shelling out billions for football games isn’t generating as much money as they’d have hoped.

If they can get to a position where they can legally stream every game then there profits would shoot right up, Maybe not them but enevitably some company will make more than ever before once they are legally allowed to offer a service like that in the U.K

I think it’s more simple than that. Sky is heavily reliant on people subscribing purely for the football, hence the rethink on subscription tariffs recently. You think Sky are doing a cheaper sport package because they’re thinking about us?

Losing football to another platform would cripple their share price (it was low prior to the last deal, and spiked after), and arguably lose them more money than they pay for the broadcast rights.

They’re not going to get paid anything for people watching it on crappy streams though. All that matters to sky are the subscriptions they sell and those numbers are always going to go down with how high the costs are and with how they didn’t adjust them for a long time despite offering a worse product.

In that case NBC are raking it in from me :henry2:

You’d have to be a pretty ballsy advertising seller to say “we only have 2 million subscribers but your ads will also get 5 million views from illegal streams” :grin:

1 Like

I’m just saying people buying advertising space might take the fact that potentially millions of viewers that aren’t sky subscribers will see the advert into consideration when paying crazy amounts for an advert at half time during arsenal vs Utd or the CL final or whatever