Premier League Clubs losing money?

Wow.
Who said, “be reckless with our money over the years and just spent spent spent we’d be in a better position financially now?”
It certainly wasn’t me.
Oh no, it was you, just then.

That’s exactly the sort of exaggeration Wenger would use.

No one’s saying spend more than we have, but waiting more than four seasons for a striker, and several seasons for a DM, while bragging we can afford almost any player is what is wrong.

When have I said be reckless spending money?
All I want is for us to not act the the poor relations in the PL and start investing in more quality.

You never know, if we did that, we might stop our top players from leaving and be playing CL football.

1 Like

your saying it’s wengers fault that we are in the position that the artical in the OP is suggesting we are in, I haven’t ready it but from what I can gather it’s saying our finances aren’t great right??

Your saying it’s wengers fault our finances aren’t great and they would be in better shape if we’d spent more no?

I said it’s Wenger’s lack of spending and investment that’s got us into this mess, and why we are not in the CL.
It’s also the reason our top players always leave.

Have you read the artical? What mess are you referring too?

This thread is about an artical that says prem clubs are loosing money and we could be affected worse than the clubs with sugar daddy owners, not another thread of oh we’d be much better off without wenger just fucking leave it for one thread please

How are we losing money?
We aren’t in a mess financially, in fact there can’t be another club in Europe that earns as much as we do while not spending on the quality we need.

The only money we won’t be getting this season is the CL money, which is definitely Wenger’s fault.

Maybe read the thing before you start raging about it ay?

We’ll be lucky to get £60m for Sanchez with just one year left…

1 Like

I’ve done it for you, from the artical…

Purcell also suggested that Arsenal could be struggling to keep up with their rivals, due to the club failing to grow like their peers, in financial terms as well as on the field of play.

“Arsene Wenger gets a hard time over finances but their position has been deteriorating. Arsenal had the lowest rate of revenue growth among the Premier League’s mainstays. He would love to spend money, but they haven’t got it. Arsenal used to be the second-highest revenue generator behind United, but they were overtaken by City in 2013-14.”

I meant both. Doesn’t Alex want out?

Bad joke on my part, my bad :laughing:

1 Like

Jack wheelchair? :bellerin:

There is still roo much room for growth in the market. International rights have the potential to grow wayyyy higher still and if international growth continues so will all the sponsorship deals as they get more exposure.

Growth will slow but we are a while before it even flatlines let alone bursts.

3 Likes

If Jack gets sold, we riot. :sanchez2::laca:

2 Likes

The article states that if only one of Sanchözil signs - as will happen - our annual wage bill goes up by between £7-8m, nicely in line with our £7m allowance given we will be shedding 3 or 4 in the near future, one of which will be Sanchez’ £130k.

An interesting read but we aren’t close yet to falling foul of this one, unless Lacazette is going to be on Ozil-level money.

Our wage:turnover ratio is increasing but not to silly levels like at Chelsea/City, we’re fine

1 Like

I find it difficult to believe of all clubs, we would be the ones in ‘trouble’. A club who has based its last 5 years or so preparing and adhering to FFP etc. This whole thing just stinks.

3 Likes

I’ll wait to read Swiss Rambles financial summary.

1 Like

FTFY

3 Likes

That’s what struck me as well and part of why I posted it. I can get other clubs in potential trouble, but not Arsenal.

When you get economic bubbles, they affect everyone involved, not just those who were liberal with their cash.

1 Like