Pre-Season 2016/17

In 7 days our Pre-season officially kicks off at the Stade Bollaert-Delelis against RC Lens, a friendly that was agreed as part of the deal to bring Jeff Reine-Adelaide and Yassin Fortune to Arsenal.

Fixtures

v Boreham Wood (16/07/16, 3pm)
(Potential for some first team players to appear, officially listed as an u18/u21 friendly)

v RC Lens (22/07/16, 7pm, Live on Arsenal.com)

v MLS All-Stars (29/07/16, 1am, SkySports/ESPN (US))

v Chivas de Guadalajara (01/08/16, 2am)

v Viking FK (05/08/16, 7:30pm, Live on Arsenal.com)

v Manchester City (07/08/16, 6pm, Live on Arsenal.com)

Will try to update this when I find out more about which TV channels will be showing the games.

2 Likes

What about tomorrow’s game?

ARSENAL LOSE GAME TO BOREHAM WOOD
By arseblog - July 16, 201619

Arsenal were left reeling after a 3-0 defeat to Boreham Wood in a pre-season fixture this afternoon.

In a game that does not augur well for the new campaign, a Gunners side packed with established talent like Kristopher da Graca, Aaron Eyoma, Josh da Silva, Ted Helix-Washington Jr and Clive Hindquarters struggled against the National League side.

They were behind after 10 minutes, and the score remained the same until late in the game when goals from Shaun Jeffers (adopted step-son and half-brother to former Arsenal striker Francis Jeffers), and Kenny Davis (cousin of sax supremo Kenny G) sealed the game for the home side.

It’s hardly the start we all wanted to a new pre-season and probably suggests that we’re utterly doomed for what lies ahead.

Unless things change really rapidly between now and the first game then clearly it’s curtains for the Arsenal this season.

We might as well all give up now. You can find a full report on the shocking events.

We need more preseason games. going by past 2-3 seasons, Players are clearly not ready for PL action with the kind of preseason we have.

The above has 5 friendlies & 2 from Emirates. Is 7 really good amount of games?

Any first team player has been included during the game against Boreham Wood. The chance to see our boys will be next Friday at Lens.

1 Like

The game vs Lens on Friday will be live streamed on Arsenal.com.

2 Likes

Other clubs are already on their 2nd or 3rd friendlies.
Why are we so behind ffs?

7? There is no Emirates Cup this year.

1 Like

No Emirates Cup and no Members Day this summer.

Everything about us at the moment is reminding me of Chelsea last season. Terrible end to the season performance wise, players lacking confidence, not securing key transfer targets and now starting pre season late because the players “need” it. Sloppy as fuck start to the season incoming.

1 Like

As if having 5.5 weeks of pre-season wasn’t enough.

1 Like

Sigh, which means just 5 games to get us upto speed.
We are getting so beat by Liverpool. They have had 4 friendlies already.

Average start so far, but it’s the first game of the season.

Working hard on new signings no doubt. :wenger:

Thats a good question, why do we play considerably less friendlies than most other clubs ?

We don’t? United, City and Chelsea got 5/6 pre-season games. Including Champions League matches for City.

1 Like

I’ve never given less of a fuck about preseason. I thought the wounds would heal but I’ve no desire to watch this bunch kick a ball until I really have to.

Might be the first time in 15 years I follow nothing on it at all and tune in for the first game of the season all fresh faced.

2 Likes

We’re playing the MLS all stars this season but for the love of God we should be putting on the Emirates cup in the states every year and put us, a Mexican Team, Colorado Rapids, and another random smaller European league team in there. Kroenke doesn’t do shit for this club.

You guys really got nothing else to complain about than pre-season friendlies? :joy:

1 Like

Yeah man. Our transfers have been shite as well.

3 Likes